Victoria and Jarjar detox question

Discussion in 'Lyme Disease Archives' started by ANNXYZ, Sep 16, 2006.

1. ANNXYZ

ANNXYZ New Member

What do you take to help with detox from lyme endotoxins? Any suggestions would be a blessing .
    thanks
  2. jarjar

jarjar New Member

I just drink lots of water or tea. I have heard of miik thistle being used for liver support. I'm sure if you posted on LNet you would get some good responses. Perhaps Victoria knows more.
  3. victoria

victoria New Member

Some people find sweating is very helpful whether thru epsom salt baths or saunas. (My son does.) Activated charcoal has also been mentioned.

It has also been suggested that anything that helps 'slow' the herx may be interfering with the killing of the bacteria - but of course if a herx is too much to deal with, one is supposed to back off meds anyway.

I do remember that the lemon/olive oil drink has been of help to some, this recipe, of which I copied excerpts from hills.ccsf.org, includes OJ but not necessary :

RECIPE FOR WHOLE LEMON DRINK
    (Helps detoxify the liver and normalize saliva pH)

1. Wash a lemon well and scrape off markings from any artificial coloring.

2. Cut up one whole lemon, and put into a blender.

3. Add:
    a) 1 cup water,
    b) 1 Tablespoon Extra-Virgin Olive Oil (cold pressed), and
    c) 4 rounded Tablespoons frozen Orange Juice concentrate
    (or other juice; sweeten with stevia, etc. if needed).

4. Blend at high speed for one minute.

5. Pour through a strainer (screen type) to remove pulp. Use a spatula to press the pulp. Discard the pulp. Divide the resulting drink into 2 or 3 portions.

NOTES:

LIQUID: You may add 1 cup of any fruit juice that you desire in place of the fruit juice concentrate and water. However, if you have thrush or yeast overgrowth, avoid fruit juice, which stimulates growth of yeast, and use plain water.

MEDICINAL PART: The therapeutic value comes from the whole lemon and the extra-virgin olive oil.

OIL: Extra Virgin Olive Oil is cold-pressed. (Light olive oil is
    heat-processed and may not have any benefits as an immune stimulant.) Use high-quality, cold-pressed, extra virgin olive oil (in dark-coloredbottles).

SWEETENER: The orange juice concentrate is used as a sweetener. Other fruit juice concentrates (or natural sweeteners) may used in place of the orange juice concentrate. You may add Stevia or natural sweeteners to (or in place of fruit juice to) make the drink less bitter.

WHY THE WHOLE LEMON DRINK WORKS:
    CITRUS PECTIN RESTORES ABSORPTION OF FATS

Detoxifier:
    Lemon Juice and Olive Oil Flushes Toxins from the Liver. Extra Virgin Olive Oil increases the flow of bile from the Liver. This helps the liver get rid of accumulated toxins and poisons. Lymph fluid then drains into the liver for processing and eliminating waste products of cellular metabolism. Some persons have reported that just drinking lemonade reduces
    the size of their lymph nodes. The mechanism of how lemons do this is not known.

pH Regulator
    Fats and oils raise saliva pH while grains lower the saliva pH. When the saliva pH of PWAs is less than 6.0, they tend to lose weight. Weight gain starts when saliva pH reaches 6.2 or higher. The normal value is 6.4 when the saliva pH is tested between meals in a resting state. The normal after
    you have just finished eating is 7.2.

-------------

Hope that helps?! Let us know how you do.

all the best,
    Victoria