Victoria HBOT and your son??

Discussion in 'Lyme Disease Archives' started by connieaag, Feb 22, 2007.

1. connieaag

connieaag New Member

Just wondering if he has completed the treatment and how it is/was going? Considering it for my daughter.

Connie
  2. victoria

victoria New Member

He started out doing it 2X/day 5 days/week.... had a really big herx. Luckily at that time we saw his LLMD. He said that due to the response to cut the pressure from 2.4 (what all the textbooks said to do) to 2.34, and to pulse it with septra/flagyl...

So now he is doing 2 weeks in a row where he goes Mon & Tues for 1 90 minute session each day, takes the septra M thru Friday, adds Flagyl Th/Fri; the last 2 weeks every month are off everything.

This seems to be working much better, I think his affect is better and perhaps cognitively as well.... seems like it takes so long to see results, it can be frustrating.

Anyway, I'd highly recommend trying it, altho of course --again --it doesn't appear to work for everyone. Not sure why, perhaps different pressures work better for different combinations of infections... ie, they believe my son has Lyme and probably Bartonella due to symptoms and responses to different abx.

Hope this helps, it is definitely worth a try. I'd try it for myself but not sure if it would make my already bad sinus headaches worse... no infection, but I'm chicken, I don't think I could stand it any worse than it's been. cluck, cluck, cluck!

all the best,
    Victoria

3. connieaag

connieaag New Member

Kathyrn has chronic sinusitis, so that is my concern as well. She goes to the doctor on the 7th, so we'll see what he thinks. She does not have CDC postive lyme, but some high areas on the IGenex testing. We are looking at it more for FM and sleep issues. I think the doctor will try IV stuff first by his indications, but who knows.

Thanks!