Victoria -Wanting to know if Kevflex has the same nasty

Discussion in 'Lyme Disease Archives' started by ckball, Jun 16, 2006.

1. ckball

ckball New Member

effects, like stomach issues. I do not tolerate abx very well. I am allergic to tetracyline and doxicyclin too. She will do a 3 week treatment and go from there.

Do you have days when the lyme seems worse and other days you seem better. Maybe becuase I had the under lying issue of diabetes and was eating my usual diet of sugar, love white chocloate M & M's and DQ blizzards.

The brain fog is somewhat better today, but last night was a different story. I still have pain in my muscles when I try to walk.

I use to walk 1 1/2 mile with my dogs, now I can't make it to the end of my road- about 500 ft without the muscles screaming at me.

I appreciate your replies, this board is not as busy as the FM board. Thanks Carla[This Message was Edited on 06/16/2006]
  2. victoria

victoria New Member

Altho the fact it didn't seem to help much shouldn't impact what you're taking necessarily.

Not sure what you're asking though?

Different abx should be tried, esp if you're not getting a response, as there are over 100 species of borrelia in N. America alone - so one abx may not work as well as another.

best,
    Victoria

3. victoria

victoria New Member

I think one can be sensitive to any abx. My son did not have problems, and so far has not had any problems with any abx thankfully, but I think his age helps.

Yes, he has days he feels better and days he feels worse - and he cannot predict them. But off the abx for more than 10-14 days, he starts to go downhill in particular.

The hardest thing about treating for these stealth pathogens is that when one is actually killing off the bugs, you will get exacerbations of your symptoms, that's the herxing.

The very first month my son began abx, within 24 hours of the first pill, he was unable to do anything at all - he felt like he had a massive case of the flu. I'm thinking he started with Keflex plus another abx, but don't have the notes handy. If it was ,the positive sign of herxing didn't last when he repeated whatever the abx were.

But who knows, maybe he has more than one strain of borrelia... spent his childhood from 5 to even now outside on our land as much as possible.

His pain and brain fog also goes up and down, but as a pattern he is always particularly foggy for the first 6 hours he is awake, no matter how little/more sleep he gets. Even if it's been a 'bad day' by 12 midnight his brain is finally 'on' enough to make sense, but as to what time of day his brain turns on -again -is impossible to predict.

The pain doesn't seem to have any pattern.

Hope you'll be taking Flagyl too?

hope this helps,
    Victoria

PS - Jay's right, below, add the probiotics!

[This Message was Edited on 06/16/2006]
  4. jarjar

jarjar New Member

Are you taking some good probiotics while taking these abx? If I don't take them my stomach starts to hurt.

Jay
  5. ckball

ckball New Member

life. I seem to "wake up" around 5 or 6 pm. I tke 30 mg of adderall and feel like I could back to sleep. Some days are better than others.

I am not looking forward to the treatment, I don't know about the flagyl (sorry can't remeber). She is testing for co infections, I have more borrelia symptoms than anything else.

I printed it took it to my dr yesterday and marked my symptoms. I hate the waiting, not knowing. I have been thru so much, I can handle most anything IF I know what it is.

I hope your son recovers and able to have a full life. Thanks so much for your posts. Carla, BTW my dad was named Carl so they named me after him.
  6. victoria

victoria New Member

Flagyl should be used for cyst form of Lyme, by the way, so you might want to go to ilads.org and get the info to show your doctor if necessary.

My dad's name was Carl also, lol, so gave us an extra reason luckily to name our daughter that as there was already a Carla in my husband's family (cousin) with same last name--

but I also just always liked the name - happily my DH agreed!

best,
    Victoria