Victoria

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Mikie, Nov 26, 2005.

1. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Thanks so much for your offer to help. I ended up not having much time but did get to see a few houses. I'm trying to find something reasonably inexpensive so most of the homes are not great. I did find one in Country Club Estates which is in foreclosure and I made an offer. It's been on the market a long time and reduced twice.

The agent for the lender was a real jerk and would not take a contract for anything less than full price and no contingencies. Basically, all he will accept is cash--full price. I guess he's known in real estate circles as a jerk. He tried to lie to us and told us the house wasn't in foreclosure.

It's too bad because I really like the house. I would have been willing to pay the asking price, but I won't do it without a contingency. I could end up homeless. Condo's are selling here in a week or two for full price, or close to it. Still, it would make me too nervous. It wouldn't be so bad if there were a lot of properties in my price range.

He also insisted we use his atty. and pay $100 a day for every day we didn't close on the date specified in the contract. He doesn't use the general Realtor Board approved contracts and insists on his own.

I was angry and then disappointed, but I'm taking it philosophically now. I guess it just wasn't meant to be. I gotta tell ya, it was nice to leave the cold and fog and drive into the sunshine. I stopped near Ocala and changed into short pants and sandals in my car.

I wish I had had time to meet you while I was in Athens. It's a really nice little town. I think I am pulling back for now. There are other places near Atlanta I can look at later. Hope you had a nice Thanksgiving.

Love, Mikie
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Love, Mikie
  3. victoria

victoria New Member

I don't blame you one bit for not signing a contract like that!!!!! I wouldn't have signed either. This guy definitely doesn't sound ethical... wonder if the lender agrees to this agent's terms, or cares.

.. have been going thru my own RE nightmares recently, thought we had our house/land sold and would have if the bank had had their papers in order... lawyers didn't have us sign extensions & I didn't think we really needed it, but then buyer pulled something unacceptable 10 hours before what was to finally be the closing.

Yep, that is the drawback any further north than mid-Florida it seems - cloudier than south Florida, no contest - but for us originally moving from Chicago in 1978 to here it was soooo much sunnier, LOL! It bothers my DH more than me however, and is a part of why we're trying to move to Mexico.

But Athens is a pretty cool town all in all with a lot to offer, hope you got to go through the downtown area and experience the flavor of 'Old Athens'; being the main campus of UGA makes it quite a bit more diverse than many college towns out in the country!

Love,
    Victoria
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I will pray that you sell your home. Where in Mexico are you planning on moving to? It's very nice down there in a lot of areas.

Yes, Athens is a very nice town. My realtor took me through most of the surrounding areas. My daughter and I did have a chance to stop for lunch downtown and we walked a couple of blocks in the downtown area. I bought a little hat for Andy at a gift store and now I know how to make baby hats easily and cheaply.

I've got my realtor here on alert in case I find something up in GA. There are other areas around Atlanta I can look at. I also told my realtor there that my offer still stands. If the lender of that foreclosed house has to sit on it a couple of more months, they may change their mind.

Thanks again and I'll keep you in my prayers.

Love, Mikie