Video: Cat with basketball

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by TwoCatDoctors, Oct 24, 2011.

1. TwoCatDoctors

TwoCatDoctors New Member

Here's a cute video of a cat watching a guy playing basketball, then the cat trying to play basketball. It's great.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhQBsg35MM8
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

The message was that the video wasn't available. I'll try again. Thanks.

Love, Mikie
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Is it only me who wants to see the new Puss 'n Boots movie? It's in 3D and I'm not crazy about that but I'd do it just to see the show. Wish my GS were here. He'd love it. Actually, his favorite Shrek character is Donkey.

I looooooove Puss. He just cracks me up.

Love, Mikie
  4. TwoCatDoctors

TwoCatDoctors New Member

I just put the link for the basketball cat into my browser and got the video up. I've been using a friend's laptop for several months now.

I would love to see Puss n Boots, but not in 3D. Antonio Banderas does the voice so well that it suits the cat character. I'm going to wait till it comes on CD, I can't take the really loud volume that the movie theaters have amped everything up to and I even have a hearing problem where I sometimes can't hear everything and with that the theater is still too loud for me!
  5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Also, I found out that Puss is playing in 2D too. I loved the old 3D movies in the 50's and the ones at Disney World. I may wait until it's on DVD as I no longer enjoy going to movies with all the noise, people talking, etc. Also, I am so used to high def on my TV that movies look out of focus to me. Last time I went, my friend mentioned this too.

I don't know what is taking so long for "The Help" to go DVD. We've all read the book here in the hood and want to start a book club but thought we'd see the movie first. Getting everyone organized to see a movie together is like trying to herd cats so I'm just waiting to get it on DVD.

Love, Mikie
  6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

How cute is that! There is a love center at my core which just resonates when I see such sweet animals. Maybe a dose of that video a day would cure what ails me. I also looooove Keyboard Cat.

Thanks!

Love, Mikie
  7. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I appreciate it. We can post noncommercial URL's for sites offering information.

Well, it gives me something to look forward to. Maybe I'll watch it on Christmas if nothing more interesting is happening in the hood.

Am feeling just well enough to do a few things slowly. I decided to turn the mattress (can't flip it cause it's a pillowtop), wash and sanitize the mattress cover and pillow covers, and wash and change the sheets. I'm pacing myself. I also did two regular loads of laundry. The pillowtop has little circles stitched in it. I noticed a few of them looked dark around the stitching. I have a phobia about bedbugs so pulled it apart to check it out. It's just a bit of lint which the vacuum tool cannot get to. So, I took an old dry toothbrush and cleaned the lint out. Now that's being hard up for something to do.

I love it that my washer has a Sanitize setting. I added bleach too. I've never had bedbugs and I'm trying never to get them. Our library was infested and had to be exterminated. AACK! I no longer go there. Bedbugs can live in books. AACK again!!!

But, I digress...

Thanks again for the info.

Love, Mikie
  8. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Thanks for the heads up. Have never seen a cat do that before.

I believe it is mandatory to describe such videos as purr-fectly adorable.

Rock
    [This Message was Edited on 10/28/2011]
  9. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Did you set the video on paws? Yuk! Yuk!

Maybe this kitty could play for the Kentucky Wildcats.

I'd root fur him and never pelt him with insults from the sidelines.

Love, Mikie
  10. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

You're always kitten around. I must admit your post gave me paws.

Here's something clever I found on the net. What are cats made of?
    Iron, lithium, and neon. Fe Li Ne.

For more kitty-chemistry puns see:

http://dave6.posterous.com/chemistry-cat-science-and-puns-together-at-la

Rock
  11. TwoCatDoctors

TwoCatDoctors New Member

TV station HLN did their movie reviews today and said that Puss N Boots is really a good movie an they hadn't expected it to be that good. Also said DON'T SEE IT IN 3-D. The reviewer on HLN said that in 3-D the colors are dark and very little actually pops out--so the reviewer said to see it in 2-D. So my Shelby the cat was on the bed with me watching the review and was glad this earned a "four paws up" on this movie.

Shelby wanted to shop for high boots, a belt, sword and a hat for her to wear to attend the movie with me and I told her that she never goes to the movies with me, plus we'll wait to see it at home.

I would NOT put a sword in Shelby's paws. I see her when she gets tired of trying to communicate something to me--like when someone is at the front door-- and then she grabs my pants/shorts leg and shakes it hard. And she doesn't like clutter on the end tables or the desk and starts running in place and throwing it all off. I could see her with me in the art class saying "you're not creating me with enough diamonds and jewelry --WORK, WORK." No, I wouldn't put a sword in Shelby's paws, she's powerful enough now.
  12. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Diane, I'm glad to know the movie is good. I suspected it would be based on his role in the Shrek movies. I wonder whether they rate movies based on letting kitties watch them. PG for Puss Guarded?

Rock, I looooove the pun. As you know, I consider the pun the highest form of humor and when you combine it with science, it's off the charts (the atomic numeric elemental charts :) I can picture the guys on The Big Bang Theory making such jokes. Who says nerds don't have fun.

Love, Mikie
  13. TwoCatDoctors

TwoCatDoctors New Member

Thanks for adding the part from the trailer, and Shelby the cat wants Puss N Boots in the Cat Mafia. Shelby KNOWS "Cat Angry."

I can't imagine anyone but Antonio Banderas as Puss. If you think about it, it takes someone's really special voice to match the cat's character and swagger and Sean Connery, Russel Crowe, Jackie Chan, Mr. Bean, Adam West (Batman), any of the Big Bang Theory guys, Harold and Kumar, Yogi Bear, Boo Boo, and even Snagglepuss doesn't have it.

Every child will be asking for "Leche" and it's probably the greatest way to promote milk.

14. TwoCatDoctors

TwoCatDoctors New Member

the sad part was that I was running in my mind that trailer you wrote above and using substituting for Puss N Boots, the voices of Sean Connery, Russel Crowe, Mr. Bean, Yogi Bear, Boo Boo, Snagglepuss, Adam West (Batman), the group from The Big Bang Theory, Harold and Kumar.

THE WORST WAS Snagglepuss as Puss N Boots saying "Heavens to Murgatroyd!"
  15. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

He was one of my favorite characters when I was a kid and even into high school. I do a great Snagglepuss impression and, thus, he bacame a favorite of my own kids. I can still do the body moves associated with, "Exit, stage right."

I also love Bucky from "Get Fuzzy." He is the epitome of evil and ignorance. Poor Satchel is the epitome of simpleness and sweetness. They are cartoon characters of two of my human neighbors. Makes for fun in the comics. Not so much in the hood.

BTW, do cats have their own movie theaters? If they do, do they buy trout snacks at outlandish prices? Are there separate litterbox rooms for male and female kitties? These are the things which keep me up at night. Hmmmm, trout-flavored goldfish crackers? Trout-flavored bottled water for $6?

Love, Mikie