Video interview with XMRV researchers, with more info.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mrlondon, Oct 13, 2009.

1. mrlondon

mrlondon Member

I just got this off another mailing list.

- Mark
  2. IntuneJune

IntuneJune New Member

Thank you for posting this link, it was very interesting. More and more will come to light. There are so many questions.

Thank you again, Mark

3. onset1990

onset1990 Member

I haven't gotten thru all the commercials yet!
    [This Message was Edited on 10/13/2009]
  4. mrlondon

mrlondon Member

Just let it run for about 3 mins and eventually it comes on.

Or maybe see if it's on youtube somewhere. :)

- Mark
  5. onset1990

onset1990 Member

but it was hard, LOL. I have little patience these days.

BUt I loved seeing these two women in person and hearing from them about their excitement. It made me excited too.
    Thanks for the link. sorry to be such a grouch.
  6. slowdreamer

slowdreamer New Member

Thanks MrLondon....I have been careful not to get overexcited up to now about the discovery FromWIP but after seeing the video and listening to the researcher Herself speak I am allowing myself to be a little hopeful..
    Just need to allow a bit of time for the download..It is I agree very worth it.
  7. Spinetti

Spinetti New Member

A previous Nevada NewsMakers interview with Dr. Judy Mikovits and Annette Whittemore is available on YouTube (no commercials) at:

Other related videos on Whittemore Peterson are also linked on the YouTube page or can be found by doing a search.

[This Message was Edited on 10/14/2009]
  8. SpiroSpero

SpiroSpero New Member

thank you for posting it.

"Cortisol activates the virus very rapidly."

This is what I experienced. I'm low on cortisol but as soon as I supplement it takes 6-16 hours till things get worse and worse. [This Message was Edited on 10/14/2009]
  9. getwellgirl

getwellgirl New Member

Its weird what is said about low cortisol and this virus cos I do brilliantly on 5mg Prednisolone plus a bit of hydrocortisone and 1/2 fludrocortisone. My body loves it cos it needs it and it allows me to do so much more than I used to be able to do. I can feel when my cortisol is running out and inflammation starts coming back together with lots of other horrible symptoms.

10. victoria

victoria New Member

as it also helped me...

I know I have Lyme, don't know what else, but my problems started with a year-long bout with mono (or CMV, they couldn't tell the diff back then). Eerily I was also bitten by a tick 2 weeks before, when I'd gone camping (talk about confusing the issues). Granted that was before lyme & its variations etc were thought about.

I did get excited that Dr. Bell linked it with allowing other infections to take hold, like lyme; it could at least partially explain why there are known healthy 'normals' walking around that can show up with a positive even to CDC tracking standards test, besides the other likely culprit (our own genetic makeup/susceptibility).

all the best,

11. jasminetee

jasminetee Member

MrLondon-- Thank you so much for posting that video! It's awesome. I'm optimistic once again today. :)

Getwellgirl- your protocol is interesting. I'm so glad it's helping you.

That is interesting Victoria, and certainly makes sense to me.
    [This Message was Edited on 10/14/2009]
  12. Dantes

Dantes New Member

I found this video on youtube. It is in 2 parts and NO COMMERCIALS !!!

Part 1 :

Part 2 :
  13. Rrrr

Rrrr Member

here are some *great* YouTube videos of interviews with the major players at WPI: Judy Mikovits, Annette Whittemore (the mom of a PWC) who founded the Whittemore Peterson Institute, WPI Vice President Mike Hillerby, and Dr. Peterson. i'll list the interviews chronologically.

WPI interview from 2007 (video in part 1 and 2)

WPI interview from Sept 8, 2008

WPI interview from March 2009, i think (part 1 and 2)

this one is also great, also from March 2009, i think

if these clip links don't work, just go to YouTube and search for Whittemore Peterson Institute
    Edit/Delete Message
  14. AuntTammie

AuntTammie New Member

haven't watched yet, but saw the comments re cortisol......when I tried cortisol I felt horrible on a very small amt of it, so this would make sense for me, but is weird for thsoe who have been helped by cortisol
  15. AuntTammie

AuntTammie New Member

interesting, but I find it weird that they said that one of the things that turns XMRV on is the sex hormones......many of us are very low in these, so I don't get how that figures in to the pic, unless it doesn't really matter, bc you only need ONE of three things to get XMRV going (cortisol, inflammatory response or high levels of sex hormones)
  16. simonedb

simonedb Member

interesting. hey do you think that could mean its un-wise to use hydrocortisone? it helps prevent redness weird dermatitis thing I can get on side of mouth sometimes.
    thx for all vids, will have to check out after lie down...
  17. jasminetee

jasminetee Member

I believe that part of the problem is the fact that we are low and/or our hormones fluctuate too much. I've read that CFS often develops or worsens during major hormonal events in one's life like puberty and the meno. You know how I'm going through such bad perimeno and my CFS is much worse.

The endocrine (hormonal) system and the immune system are intertwined and interplay off each other. And we know CFS messes up our immune system.