VIDEO OF WOMAN WITH CFS and her CAREGIVER

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by darude, Oct 23, 2006.

1. darude

darude New Member

I know this is already posted but this needs to be seen.
    Adding daily and if you want to meet her she is in VIdeo 7.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGsHr3x9pVE

[This Message was Edited on 10/23/2006]
    [This Message was Edited on 10/24/2006]
  2. darude

darude New Member

This is Heartbreaking but needs to be seen.I just watched the other video of her speaking about it and am crying my eyes out.
  3. darvick

darvick New Member

That was very troubling to watch, gosh, he is very informitive, crying also. For them and me and my partner.

Hugs
    Darlene
  4. darude

darude New Member

Go to YOU TUBE and type in ME diary caregiver or try this link
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGsHr3x9pVE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEVkRfwoBos&search=C.F.S.%20M.E.%20Gibson%20Myalgic%20Encephalomyelitis

5. karinaxx

karinaxx New Member

dont want to cry, (just woke up), so early in the morning. but will watch it in the evening.
    thanks
    karina
  6. darude

darude New Member

Lyme video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBrsDdTnxA8
  7. darude

darude New Member

Hangin have look tomorrow
  8. darude

darude New Member

9. Marta608

Marta608 Member

I just replied on the other post but will summarize here.

As heartbreaking as these videos are and as much as we can empathize with them, I don't think our cause would be helped by using them as a demonstration as some want to do. I do not mean that the videos, the people in them or even many of us are not in a miserable situation but I don't believe we are the right advocates for promotion of these tapes as some suggest.

And in that vein, please be aware that your health is very suseptible to the stress which viewing and getting worked up over these videos creates. We don't have to be hard-hearted but we must take care of our own health.

It's not as if we don't have the advocate that we're continually looking for. As I suggested on the other thread, why not post them to Rich Carson's attention on this board and let him or his people get them to those who are going to give their time to a name change?

Thanks.

Marta

10. homesheba

homesheba New Member

i could not watch it all. it was too depressing and hard .. i felt too much. its hard to explain....
  11. bunnyfluff

bunnyfluff Member

one of the video clips to Oprah.com. The one about hope.

I hope someone there will take the time to watch it.
  12. mrpain

mrpain New Member

I couldn't find it. I put in the web site and it said unavailable. I put in ME and got a bunch of me videos. I then put in fibromyalgia but didn't get this particular video... What is the title of this video?? I can pull up youtube, but can't find this particular video..
  13. victoria

victoria New Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsfacl0b1mc&search=health%20ill
    ness%20people%20blog%20cfs%20m.e.%20ticks%20lyme%20disease%20borreliosis%20outdoors

cut and paste if you have to... the title is
    Lyme in British Columbia Canada.., Dannie

She was dx'd with FM, even had to use wheelchair due to pain and vertigo... ultimately was positive for Lyme, and GOT BETTER!

all the best,
    Victoria

14. mezombie

mezombie Member

I posted to you on the ADVOCATES thread on this video.

In case you get here first, you can go to youtube.com and then type CFS/ME in the search box on the top right of the page.
  15. darude

darude New Member

If you type in CFS/ME you should be able to pull up videos. Also there are a few on being misdiagnosed and they really have LYme Disease.
  16. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

That you weren't referring to the first guy when you gave me the URL for the video. If it's something really sad and heartbreaking, though, I prefer not to see it. One of the ways I have been able to heal is to stay optimistic. I just cannot afford to let myself be exposed to negative things right now. I know that may sound selfish but, honestly, in order to heal, we sometimes have to put ourselves first.

Love, Mikie
  17. karinaxx

karinaxx New Member

i am one of the minority, who had a gradual onset and i am getting worse from year to year.
    is this how i am gonna end up?

so much suffering.........

this year i was at times lying there like her, unable to move and in pain, not able to breath while sleeping. unable to lift even my arms up..... , but this were moments. they passed ....... what if one day it will not pass? what if i will one day not get up anymore?

and what about my son?

well , marta, i think in a way you are right.

But this is an important documentation of severe ME and it is REAL! And there are so many more like this, what we gonna do about that?
    THE WORLD HAS TO KNOW ABOUT THIS ILLNESS, THIS UNDISCRIBABLE SUFFERING AND THAT WE NEED HELP¨!!!
    take care everyone
    love karina

18. darude

darude New Member

Mikie: I remember a time when I was like the lady in the video fortunately I have improved some. I would say is definately is not for someone who is going downhill. Important thing tho is it's getting the word out as to how bad it can be.
  19. darude

darude New Member

A link to all the videos in his diary
    http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=gregcrowhurst
  20. mrpain

mrpain New Member

I found it earlier and didn't realize I had it. The guy at first thru me off but at the end the lady was shown. Then I realized there were more. Day 7 is one with her on it the entire time. It is a sad situation and does make me wonder if that's my final outcome.

It will definitely make me try harder on my diet and supplements...I also prayed for that lady!