Vinegar good or bad for candida???

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mollystwin, Apr 1, 2006.

1. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

On some web sites they say no vinegar except apple cider vinegar. Some say no vinegar at all. Lately I have been reading about apple cider vinegar being a cure for candida and then I found this on the web as well:

"I would like to say that there are a lot of myths about candida. For one, they say vinegar is bad. I did a lot of research and found out that VINEGAR KILLS YEAST/MOLD, as per a scientific study. I wrote to the doctor who did the study. He used red wine vinegar and it killed over 90 percent of mold and mildew. Second, I now found that there is a candida antibody titer test that will medically determine via blood tests whether or not you have candida."

I think I remember that vinegar does kill mold, so this does make some sense.
    Comments please????
  2. Dlebbole

Dlebbole New Member

Maybe it's just a reflection of the crazy nature of this illness, but I have had periods when it was impossible to take and times when it helped me greatly. So I guess I would say that if you tolerate it, it could help you. If you are in a "candida phase" you may not be able to touch it. Diane
  3. sues1

sues1 New Member

I have read that it kills as many germs as Lysol does...I can not tolerate the smell of Lysol....plus vinegar is cheaper.

Also good to rinse a floor......it shines then because no scum is left on the floor.

My mother used to put a little in final water when she washed my hair, because it made it shine.Of course it is good for douching.

Vinegar has many uses,,,,,
  4. sues1

sues1 New Member

Thanks Wendy! I had to really laugh....thank you.....I meant diluted, but I did not say it....WOW..that is important!

I also thought about the floor not being rinsed with vinegar ....with water,,,,,I never thought of that one, it could make our little ones sick also. Kids crawl and play on the floors.

Susan
  5. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

Thank you everyone for all the suggestions. I guess I'll just have to try and see. I bought some apple cider vinegar yesterday. We'll see what happens.
    Dar
  6. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

Wow! I think I'll try that too. Let me know how this goes. It's almost too good to be true.
    Dar
    [This Message was Edited on 04/02/2006]
  7. Dlebbole

Dlebbole New Member

When I could tolerate vinegar, it gave me quite a sense of well-being. I was a little stronger, too. I took 2 TB. diluted in 1 cup water with meals. Diane
  8. Shannonsparkles

Shannonsparkles New Member

Don't herx yourself! ;) Maybe slow down a little there? Hope you are still doing well with it. :)

I used to like cider vinegar on tuna fish, and on pan-fried sweet potato slices. Yum.
    (( )) probably going to eat a box of candy now, Shannon