Vioxx...mircle drug

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Carle55, Oct 13, 2005.

1. Carle55

Carle55 New Member

My back was so bad I couldn't get my clothes on so I decided to take one of the Vioxx to see if it would help. By the end of the day I was so much better. I just couldn't believe it.
    I had Vioxx left from my knee replacement surgery's. But I only had 6. Does any one know of a prarmacy out of the country you can get Vioxx from that is trustworthy.
    I wish you could still get Vioxx. My sister still takes Bextra . She had got 3 mo supply right before they took it off the market. I think these drugs serve a purpose if used correctly.....Thanks carle
  2. fairydust39

fairydust39 New Member

I took Vioxx for a while too and caused heart palpitations!
    I'll tell you what I take and found it in Prevention magazine and they say it's as effective as Vioxx. It's a herb that's called Devil's Claw and it works just as good as Vioxx. You can buy it at a herb shop or the net. The cost is about $20.00 for 100 capsules. I take 2 capsules 2+ per day. You need to take it everyday to get the best benefits. You don't need a prescription for it either and it's safe.
    Shirley
  3. rigby

rigby New Member

Vioxx worked great loved it until I had a heart attack without preious heart problems. Sharon
  4. DLsGroovyMoM

DLsGroovyMoM New Member

and have taken vioxx and Bextra...Bextra was sooo much better than any of them for me...I miss it! Celebrex isn't doing much and mobic did notta...wish I could get hold of some bextra!!!
  5. Carle55

Carle55 New Member

I too feel like it was taken off the market too soon. It was such a good drug. But I do understand the dangers of some so called miricle drugs. I took Indocin for my knee pain many years ago. This drug would take a lot of pain away but in the end it would tear your stomach apart. Not worth the risk.

For those of you who had the heart problems I understand your concerns . I don't want to take Vioxx all the time ...just when I get sooooooooooo bad.

Thanks for your information. This is the most usefull site on my computter.....carle