VIP has had the blood this Tuesday will be 2 weeks

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by hensue, Nov 22, 2009.

1. hensue

hensue New Member

Just to keep you informed have heard it could be longer now. They are being extra careful and want to do everything just right.
    Maybe I will give a signal if it is positive or neg.
    What could my signal be? if I do not want to actually post it

2. TigerLilea

TigerLilea Active Member

Why the games? Either you want to give us your test results when you get them, or you don't.
    [This Message was Edited on 11/22/2009]
  3. hensue

hensue New Member

Maybe insurance reasons, same reason I paid cash. just did not want to outright post it.
  4. EyeQ

EyeQ New Member

You can post your results anonymously on Phoenix Rising (Cort Johnson's site).
  5. ladybugmandy

ladybugmandy Member

i dont know much about how insurance works ...can they track you to this message board?

i'm just going to tell everyone when i test positive. i dont care if they stigmatize me or make me feel like a leper. keeping it secret will just perpetuate that stuff. i want people to know how widespread this is, and that i didn't get it from shooting drugs or having orgies!!
  6. spacee

spacee Member

I read on the WPI Facebook site last nite that a RN got CFS talking to a sick woman! Yes, it seems we spray spittle when we talk..probably some more than others. She posted that she knew exactly the patient she "got" it from.

The patient had EBV. Now, that goes back to what they said about MRXV possibly piggybacking on larger viruses. Dr. David Bell said that.

So many things to learn.

7. spacee

spacee Member

You have your right to feel as you do. We have no idea what is going to happen re insurance, etc. I expect some stigma will occur until they find treatments. That is what happened with HIV, right?

On Facebook, they said they are hoping to raise 10 million dollars by donations. That is what it will take to make a big difference in the research. They are hoping everyone who can to give $5 by Thanksgiving. Tonight I will go there again and try to find places you can give.

8. ladybugmandy

ladybugmandy Member

thanks for letting us know this, spacee. maybe if we all band together we can really rush the that there is an actual pathogen to focus on, things have to change!

i am sure all of us will end up being positive to XMRV!
  9. hensue

hensue New Member

Waiting is one thing, it can work on your nerves. glenp are you being tested?
    I do not get disability and have been turned down 3 times. .
    My insurance is the main thing I am worried about. To be fair I am fighting a battle in my head.
    You are my friends and I still remain loyal to all of you. Personally you are the only ones that would understand.
    So after thinking about that I will probably post it one way or the other.

I do feel like I owe it to all of you.
    No games.
  10. spacee

spacee Member

We get tested and we are positive (I found a positive lab test to a retrovirus from 1991, somehow forgot about it).

Is there going to be a dentist, surgeon or person who comes in contact with our blood going to treat us????

I remember all this stuff from the HIV days prior to the meds coming out.

11. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

Is it WPI? Or is that you are going to try to find out on facebook?