VIP Lab XMRV virus there is enough tests for everyone.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by hensue, Oct 16, 2009.

1. hensue

hensue New Member

She said there is so much wrong info out there. Marguerite said, We have plenty of test kits for anyone she then said we want to do this right. It is a very sensitive test so we are only sending out like 50 a week then there is a 2 day incubation period. She kept saying it is very important that we do this correctly.
    She said if I did not get the test this week or next to call her.

So everyone will be tested that wants.

She called me from the red labs usa.
    [This Message was Edited on 10/16/2009]
  2. ulala

ulala New Member

I thought they said three weeks? Do you know if Medicare will pay for them? Thanks!
  3. street129

street129 New Member

so can i have the number
  4. jasminetee

jasminetee Member

Thanks for the update again hensue. This is indeed good news. I'm so glad that they are concerned with doing this testing right.

I think it's the VIP lab in Reno and that they were formerly known as Red Labs.

[This Message was Edited on 10/17/2009]
  5. hensue

hensue New Member

The VIP lab is going to do the testing. The only testing WPI will do is in there research and if you do not get into the research you will not be tested.

It was redlabs now VIP labs reno nevada looks like they have a red lab in Belguim also.

Take care
  6. simonedb

simonedb Member

do we have to have one of our physicians call? or are they just sending the kit to patients and then we take it to whoever to get blood drawn?

see any downside to getting test, like could be used against one for ssdi or something later if dont get right results?
  7. hensue

hensue New Member

Then you take it to a physician who signs off on it and a lab draws your blood then it is fed ex back to them.
    You do not pay for the fed ex they do.

I have no idea what the cost is yet so that is also something to consider. I do not have ssdi and have been trying to get it for over 2 years.

That is one reason I am going to take it. There are a lot of people on this board who get ssdi and you might want to post it. I do not think all of them are getting the test until it is verified again in another scientific lab.

Or approved by the fda,

It is VIP lab now hope that helps cannot really answer about the ssdi others can
    Take care
    [This Message was Edited on 10/17/2009]