VIP labs in Nevada is out of test kits

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by hensue, Oct 16, 2009.

1. hensue

hensue New Member

Doctors that normally do business with them have ordered all these kits. Today they will be finding out exactly what they will be testing infectious, whatever i dont know all the terms.

There was a legal snafu and it was cleared up this morning. They are overwhelmed with the response.

I am still on the list
    I told him I was in no hurry just make sure it is done right. They have already recieved a lot of specimens back.
    So they hard at work. As he explained it to me they are doing the testing for WPI and the only testing they will do is in the actual research.
    I talked to wpi and if I fit the criteria it might be possible.

Today I am suppose to call back, for pricing of different labs.

The supply people who make the kits are not getting the supplies to them fast enough. There vendors had no idea there would be such a demand.

Just the latest in the Saga
  2. hensue

hensue New Member

In a nice way the other day. This VIP lab just keep trying it they will answer there is a great girl name Megan.
    She will answer any questions you have as

When I said the other day Vincent Lombardi who help write the paper is head of this lab.
    I kinda thought then this is the lab they will use.

anyway we will all get a test, you will get one this afternoon I will try to find out prices.
    They are getting all these orders from doctors so hopefully we can all be tested???
    Guy said I was on the list he looked it up but that doesnt mean anything.
    Keep calling they will put your name in there.

3. Andrew111

Andrew111 Member

If some of what I mention is different from what other people were told, it is probably because VIPDx is adjusting what they do as they go along.

A few minutes ago the rep at VIPDx told me they don't have a price yet, and won't really be ready to go until next week. She also told me they will be limiting the number of kits to 20 to 30 a week so they don't get overwhelmed.
  4. hensue

hensue New Member

the first time! apparently they have already sent out many she said could you imagine if we sent out 200 at a time we just could not do it correctly.

So I want them to take the time and do it right legal and valid.

Are you getting the test?
  5. jasminetee

jasminetee Member

This is exciting news. I'm glad you're insistent on making sure they do it right. Thanks for keeping us posted. My fingers are crossed that you all get tested quickly. I can't wait to hear your results.