Viral Test Results

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by SkeptikSharon, Sep 27, 2008.

1. SkeptikSharon

SkeptikSharon New Member

Hi All,

I had convinced my pain dr to authorize some viral testing, and I received the results in the mail today. I still have other viruses I need to be tested for, but thought I would share the results I received on these with you all. So far as I can tell, the results for all the current levels or active infections seem to be low and indicate no current infection, but I wonder if that could possibly just mean that my immune system is not fighting them off?

Here we go:
    Adenovirus AB IGG = 1.82 IV (1.11 IV or greater = positive)
    Adenovirus AB IGM = 0.57 IV (0.89 IV or less = negative)
    Coxsackie A9 Virus Abs = <1:8 (1:32 or greater = infection)
    Coxsackie B1 = 1:80 (reference range = <1:10)
    Coxsackie B2 = <1:10 (reference range = <1:10)
    Coxsackie B3 = <1:10 (reference range = <1:10)
    Coxsackie B4 = <1:10 (reference range = <1:10)
    Coxsackie B5 = <1:10 (reference range = <1:10)
    Coxsackie B6 = <1:10 (reference range = <1:10)
    EBV VCA IGG AB = >750.0 (reference range = <18.0)
    EBV VCA IGM AB = 29.2 (reference range = <36.0)
    EBV Early AB = 27.1 (reference range = <9.0)
    EBV Nuclear AB = >600.00 (reference range = <18.0)
    HSV I & II IGM = 1.28 (reference range = <0.91)
    HSV I IGG = 0.10 (reference range = <0.90)
    HSV II IGG = 0.12 (reference range = <0.90)
    CMV IGG = >10.0 (reference range = <0.60)
    CMV IGM = 8.2 (referece range = <30.0)
    Varicella Zoster Ab IGG = 2.97 (reference = <0.91)
    Varicella Zoster IGM = 0.65 (reference = <0.91)
    Enterovirus RNA by PCR = Negative

Does anyone else have any experiences with this type of testing? Any recommendations as to other testing I should have done re: viruses? Do I need to have some kind of testing done to make sure my immune system is reacting properly?

Any advice or insight is greatly appreciated! =)
  2. ladybugmandy

ladybugmandy Member

EBV Early AB = 27.1 (reference range = <9.0)
    EBV Nuclear AB = >600.00 (reference range = <18.0)

that's a very active epstein barr i'd say!

3. ladybugmandy

ladybugmandy Member

kelly lol looks like we were posting at the same time....

hope you're doing well:)

4. ladybugmandy

ladybugmandy Member

so glad to see the valcyte is working for you:)

yes...i am worse. just 5 days of not resting adequately and i am a total mess. in fact, i feel almost like i hadn't been in treatment at all! how odd.

i'm wondering if i haven't developed another infection of some sort. i have been experiencing itchy spots on different parts of my skin and some strange, crusty material in my right ear.

i guess i will ask dr. lerner next wednesday.

your posts always give me hope and cheer me up..thank you:)

i just watched dr. lerner's new video on the website. have you seen it?

5. Timaca

Timaca New Member

I would agree that the EBV may be a problem. Also get checked for HHV-6 and chlamydia pneumonia.

Best, Timaca
  6. SkeptikSharon

SkeptikSharon New Member

Thank you for the responses about my viral tests. Yeah, I had a feeling that EBV was going to be one of my big issues. So now I'll need to figure out who to see about that. Still need to have the HHV tested. Is that done via blood testing, or is that one of the other tests? I know some of the viral tests that I initially asked for required either stool sample or a swab, and so I haven't had those done yet. Plus, still need to be tested for the Lyme stuff as well as that chlamydia pneumonia thing or whatever it is. How do they do testing for the mycoplasma stuff?

I'm feeling overwhelmed this weekend. I feel like there are a lot more tests that I still need, and only so much money for copays. Argh. Plus, my state disability check hasn't come yet and that is worrying me. Fun, fun. I hate this crap.
  7. Timaca

Timaca New Member

HHV-6 is best run at Focus Diagnostics lab. See the HHV-6 patients forum for further info on testing at Focus lab. (

Mycoplasma Pneumonia can also be run at Focus lab. IgG antibody titers of 1:200 or above are suspicious of there being active, chronic infection.

For HHV-6 titers of 1:320 or above indicate the possibility of active, chronic infection.

Chlamydia Pneumonia can also be run at Focus lab. for further info see:

Best, Timaca
  8. ladybugmandy

ladybugmandy Member

i can totally much expense..little support.

it is a long process of planning, testing, and treatment.

hopefully, you will eventually reap the rewards of all the hard work.

best of luck
  9. SkeptikSharon

SkeptikSharon New Member

Hi Timaca,

Thank you for that info. Do you happen to know whether Focus Labs accepts insurance or would this be out of pocket like Igenex? If out of pocket, do you have any idea of how much the different tests cost? If not, I'll try to figure it out. I'm just trying to plan how much money I'm going to need to spend, and it seems like the labs that do more specialized testing tend to NOT take insurance at all. Ouch!

Thanks again!

Sharon =)