Virus flu lasting over a month+

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by caroleye, Mar 25, 2011.

1. caroleye

caroleye New Member

Our area has been hit with this & even those without other medical conditions, cannot gain their energy back. Weak, weak, weak. Those are the last symptoms but just don't go away.

Beginning symptoms are so miserable; couldn't walk, talk, eat, think, pain, pain, pain, no sleep.

Miserable, and unusual for me since Lupus supposedly protects you from these.

Anyway relate? We're near San Francisco.

I feel like I'm dying..............
  2. jinlee

jinlee Member

in oregon and yes, it lasts forevever. My hubz has it for the second time now and has pneumonia and bronchitis, is on meds for it now.

i have had it 1 month, very bone-tired fatigue on top of regular fatigue. Many people at hubz work and at doc's office have it also.

I really believe it is weather related as weather has been so odd this year.

Take care and hope you get feeling better,

Yes, i take the grapeseed and vit D3 level is good, it didn't stop this virus[This Message was Edited on 03/25/2011]
  3. TigerLilea

TigerLilea Active Member

I'm on the west coast of BC and we had a similar virus go through here in November. It was hitting people for anywhere from one to two months.

Hope you are feeling better soon!
  4. ILoveGreen

ILoveGreen New Member

It seems CFS/FM has protected me from many rounds of colds and flu in the past, but not this time. Since late February I've had some sort of virus. It started in my eyes; the opthamologist noticed the lymph nodes on the side my face were swollen and told me I was either coming down with or getting over a virus. He gave me Tobradex to clear up the eye secretions and told me to keep my eyes closed for the next couple of days (no problem there!). After that I went into a "walking dead" mode for the next three weeks or so.

I had also run out of a protein supplement which I have every am w/juice and my meds & supplements since I'm not a breakfast person; I thought maybe that was why I was feeling like I did. Hopefully, the worst is over. In spite of how positive I like to think I am, the thought (reality) of how I might NOT ever feel any better is always in the back of my mind, since that's how this all got started (CFS, then FM). For now I'm just focusing on maintaining my regime to re-build my energy.

Hope you feel better soon!
  5. caroleye

caroleye New Member

It's so unusual for me to get a virus as well, so I kept thinking, well my fibro, lupus & CFS are acting out, but as I became weaker, went to the ER & they gave me a saline IV as I was severely dehydrated, plus my blood test did show I was deficient in Potassium.

So I started on the Electromix for my electrolytes & concentrated on Potassium foods, but at the beginning, didn't have an appetite at all, so I was mainly on soups.........lost 10 lbs; not good for skinny me!!

Finally after hearing around that people were getting this, I realized that I, too, had that virus and "nothing" but rest, fluids & time are pretty much all you can do.

So I'm learning how to stay in bed & hope for a good T.V. program, or watch my fav videos. At the beginning couldn't handle "any" noise, so guess I am very slowly improving. Just the worst one we've seen around here.

Hope all heal quickly; hard to have patience at these times.