Virus or flare? How do I tell - new to this...... HELP!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by peachbunnee, Jan 2, 2006.

1. peachbunnee

peachbunnee New Member

I have felt like crap for the past few days.
    Different parts of my body ache - but not my whole body like with the flu. My throat feels slightly swollen. I have headaches, tummy issues, trouble sleeping.

I am new to understanding this whole Fibro thing...

How do I tell if this is a flare OR if it's viral?

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Peach (who's going back to bed)
  2. TwinMa

TwinMa New Member

So sorry you are feeling poorly. It is difficult to tell a flare from a viral bug. They share many of the same symptoms. Do you have a fever? That would usually indicate virus. Did you do something that triggers a flare for you? I will flare if I eat poorly, don't get enough sleep, overdo on housecleaning, stress out, start a new supplement or med, etc.

Either way, you need to rest, eat healthy and drink plenty of water. Hope you feel better soon.

Katy
  3. dononagin

dononagin New Member

I'm not new to this and I still have a hard time figuring out when I've got a bug or it's a flare.. Hope you feel better..
  4. angeljoe

angeljoe New Member

Every time I have a new pain I wonder if this could be something other than Fibro.

I can tell you that if you ever say to a Doctor (New or ER) that you have Fibro they blame EVERYTHING on the Fibro. Well this is my experience anyway.

I am currently dealing with a ruptured achilles tendon. I had an MRI done and my Podiatrist put me in a walking cast. I took the MRI report to my PCP and he told me that he wouldn't worry about it too much. My podiatrist wants me to see a surgeon but my PCP says everything will hurt due to the Fibro.

I now want to change PCPs because I think he blames Every single complaint on Fibro. I am going to see a surgeon for my foot because my foot doctor says it WON'T heal with out surgery.