virus

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by davebhoy, Mar 25, 2006.

1. davebhoy

davebhoy New Member

i got the flu about six weeks ago and i am still suffering. i feel like the virus has gone but i have been left with a bad relapse that i just cant shake.

anyone else had the same experience?
  2. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Getting a virus can really knock you out for a long time. Also it can trigger FM or FM like symptoms called Post ciral fatigue. I am afrain that rest is the only thing for the latter plus using something wiht electrolytes in helps too.

Anne C
  3. skierchik

skierchik New Member

I've experienced this many, many times. I have to say, it was my chinese acupuncturist and her nasty tasting herbs that brought me back.

You might try some antiviral, antibacterial & immune boosting therapies to bring you back. Do you take any natural supplements?? Did yu take any antibiotics while having the flu???

Also, I have an awesome book called "Immune Restoration Handbook". You might want to check this one out. You can find it at [url removed as per rules].

Also, if you're into the natural stuff like I am you can look up my name & research "influenza". I've shared what I take when I get the flu and I no longer get it for long periods of time. Just some thoughts.

skierchik
  4. davebhoy

davebhoy New Member

i have had cfs for nearly ten years. i had a really long period of feeling good, nearly fully recovered until i got the flu six weeks ago. i just cant get out of this pit i am in now.

i looked up your posts on influenza and i have ordered the mark konlee book you recommend (from amazon usa so i hope it arrives soon) and am trying to get the oscilli stuff here in the uk. cant get the viragon anywhere online in the uk. might have to see if i ccan find a website that wil ship international orders from teh usa.

thanks both fo you for your help

5. davebhoy

davebhoy New Member

i cant seem to find viragon anywhere, even on the baseline nutritionals website. any hints?

cheers
    davw
  6. slowdreamer

slowdreamer New Member

Was going to put expletive in front of the word virus but never mind..I have sometimes thought of moving to Mars to avoid them but Davebhoy I do think that while I have viral relapses they are not as prolonged these days..
    My guesses are..
    The amount of stress prior to and around the time of the virus
    The nutritional tricks I have learnt over the years
    The detox routines I have picked up.
    I use some of the following
    B12 Injection.
    Mineral Spa Bath
    Rest of course
    As much protein as my body can digest.
    Hope this helps..it is so disappointing when you have been going along so well.
  7. skierchik

skierchik New Member

I looked up their website (Baseline Nutritionals) and they have a International phone number. It is 915-546-6031. Superviragon is on back order it says until March 30th, but since we're so close to that date, you could probably phone your order in. I buy 5 at a time because of the price of just buying one at a time. If you get a bad bout of the flu, you can go through one and a half bottles more or less depending upon the situation.

Oscillo is made by Boiron out of France, so you should be able to find that pretty easily.

Do you do any raw juicing??? Glad you ordered the book. You will really appreciate the info that Mark konlee has shared.

Let me know if that number doesn't work. Were you able to get onto their website?

skierchik
    [This Message was Edited on 03/27/2006]
  8. davebhoy

davebhoy New Member

thanks very much. i phoned baseline nutritionals and they said i should call back on thursday to order the viragon. i picked up some oscillo from a chemist in london and have started on it.

i do juice - i use a mix of carrots and celery and spinach or beetroot. is there anything you recommend i add to the list? i dont eat fruit at all - its a thing from when i did a strict candida diet and i dont really like much.

thanks for your advice on this.

dave
  9. skierchik

skierchik New Member

that you're juicing. Such a great way to get tons of nutrients in one small punch. It would be great if you can vary the nutrients somewhat. If yeast is a problem then I can see why you don't want to use too much fruit. If you don't have a book on juicing, you might want to do one of the following: go to local library and pick one up, buy one, look on internet for recipies.

Do you add garlic??? Or Ginger root?? Garlic is a great way to kill yeast and bacteria as well as ginger. Those are the main ingredients for the Super Viragon.

What supplements are you currently taking???

Kyolic is important, Magnesium is very important(chelated magnesium), as is Selenium by Jarrow.

Glutathione is very important too especially if you've been sick because your body has to make copious amounts of glutathione in order to detox properly (repairs detoxification pathways). It's very harmful for a person to detox without enough glutathione (must be a "reduced" form).

Source Naturals makes the sublingual type of glutathione and Klaire Labs makes a very high quality one. You can open the capsule and put the powder under your tongue(if you don't buy the sublingual type) with one tsp of raw, unfiltered honey. This makes it more absorbable. I use Source Natural's glut. with the honey and this has helped my fatigue a great deal. You can look up Honey-Glutathione protocol for all the details or I can give it to you if you can't find it.

skierchik
  10. skierchik

skierchik New Member

bumpity bump
  11. davebhoy

davebhoy New Member

at the moment i have started taking a multi vit, caprylic acid and some omega 3 to boost my immune system. i try to avoid taking anything unless i have to. i try not to overload my body with supplements and stuff it struggles to deal with.
  12. skierchik

skierchik New Member

If there's anyway to add two more things, especially since you're doing caprylic acid which is going to cause "herxing" you need something to help get the crud out of your body.

I would recommend at least, additional magnesium (chelated) and glutathione. If you want to try these look up my Honey-Glutathione protocol. This will help with the die off from the caprylic acid. Just a suggestion to try. It made a difference for me, but I know it may not work for everyone, but it's one of those supplements that's pretty critical for us CFS'ers (actually the magnesium is too).

skierchik
  13. davebhoy

davebhoy New Member

i did do the lightning process and was much better, nearly there, but i stopped doing it when i should have and after the flu my m.e. came back.

i went back to see the lp man this week and am back on track. i feel like i will shortly be rid of all this.

i will keep you informed of my progress