Visine for energy? Sinemet?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by petesdragon, Jan 14, 2006.

1. petesdragon

petesdragon New Member

A relative who has Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue tells me that when she really needs energy and not to feel bad the next day like with caffeine, she "overuses Visine". The label says four times a day so I assume she means six to eight times a day. Does this work? How? She also mentions sinemet. What is that?
  2. MsE

MsE New Member

Doesn't Visine make the blood vessels in the eyes contract? I think I've read that overusing the stuff could cause major damage.
  3. sleepyinlalaland

sleepyinlalaland New Member

about how Visine could help FM symptoms. Forget how it worked, but seemed plausible.

It's not good to regularly use Visine, but I don't think it could really cause "major" damage. It just causes rebound redness if you use it too much.

Maybe someone else will remember the theory of why it was useful.
  4. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

I have my trusty drug book beside me here! Visine is used for " syptomatic relief of minor eye irritation and allergies and for nasopharygeal congestion of allergic or inflammatory origin" There are some pretty serious adverse effects from overdosage listed. I expect they are rare but I wouldn't play around with it too much.

Sinemet is a drug used in the treament of Parkinsons Disease. It is definitely not a drug that should be used except on the advice of your physician.

Kathy.