Vision Fluctuations, Anyone?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by MsE, Jan 20, 2006.

1. MsE

MsE New Member

Will CFIDS cause vision problems?

Some vision fluctuations at my age are to be expected because of cataracts. Okay. I get that. However, what would account for sudden clearing of distance vision? Cataracts can cause close-up vision to clear for awhile I know, but this is different.

Watching TV across the room is a good example. I may be watching a program and see fairly well. Then, suddenly, everything is crisp and clear for an hour. Then, back to slightly hazy. We're talking distance vision, not close-up vision.

My glasses were changed not too long ago. This doesn't sound like cataract problems. The doc said they are not bad enough to warrant surgery. Does CFIDS cause visual problems like this?
  2. Tigger57

Tigger57 New Member

My vision is worse when I'm in a flare than when I'm not. The only explanation I got was the something about the inflammation and then I also retain more water when I'm in a flare.

I have to say my fluctuate from pretty good to not good and then back to good again... very strange.

Hugs,
    Tigger
  3. jbennett2

jbennett2 New Member

My vision fluctuates a lot. My eye doc, whose mom has FM, said that yes, good eye days and bad eye days are part of the disease. I would assume that also goes with CFIDS
  4. MsE

MsE New Member

Scheduling my driver's license renewal is going to be tricky, huh? Gotta hit a good day! Thanks, both of you, for responding so quickly. Anyone else?
    Bump
  5. MsE

MsE New Member

When all the intial blood work was done on me, Lyme wasn't in evidence. Is it something that is easily missed?
  6. MsE

MsE New Member

Hmmmm. I didn't realize Lyme could hide and morph. Bless its little heart!

My doctor has shown very little interest or support in getting any additional tests for me. He said that most of the tests vary in results and nothing is really conclusive so it's, to his way of thinking, a waste of time and money for all concerned.

I'm not sure if that is true or if it is the dictates of Virginia Mason, the group he is associated with.

However, VM is leaving our area this spring and the docs will be independent again. Perhaps I will discuss this with him again after that happens. It would be interesting to see if his attitude towards testing changes at that time.

Thanks for the info about Lyme's disease.
  7. minimonkey

minimonkey New Member

I get some wacky vision fluctuations with FMS -- I also get optic migraines.
  8. sabimax

sabimax New Member

to all with double vision...and all....have you fully been checked out for MS also...?? as this can be sx of MS....just wondered...take care and good luck all, sarah..
  9. greatgran

greatgran Member

Hi, yes my vision fluctuates as you discribed especially while watching tv..I too have blury vision..usual the blury vision in my first sign of a crash..Have had my eyes checked and the doctor said they were fine so I will say cfs plays a part in my vision problems.

If awake of the morning and can't see well and my vision is blury this is a sure sign of a bad day for me..That is why I think
    its part of the cfs..I haven't mentioned this to my doc..I can't seem to think of everything on those visits unless it is bothering me at the time..

I truly thinks it affects all parts of me
    especially my brain, eyes will anything to do with the neck and up..head allergies, sinus problems, depression/anxiety and on and on..

Its good to hear from you, what else is going on in your life?

I discussed the lymne's disease with my doc last week..He did do a test a year or so ago (the western blot). I ask him about negative results as I had read on the internet and we went on to expalin to me about different testing and said he could assure me I didn't have lymnes..However because of my ANA and C-Reactive protien still being high he wants me to see a rheumy again to make sure it isn't lupus..

He said he feels certain I have an autoimmune disease and that he wasn't sure
    that CFS isn't..So I am waiting on an appointment with the rheumy..I do not want to start the merry-go-round again..

Oh, sometimes my eyes feel 'scratchy' and the eye doc said dry eyes which with me is an age issue..I do use eye drops occasionaly...

Take care,
    greatgran
  10. MsE

MsE New Member

Hi Greatgran! Life goes on as usual. A day or two up and doing a few things followed by a day or two of bed rest.

Have one of my little grandsons with me today, so this is an up and doing day. Tomorrow I'll see one of my brothers. Haven't seen him in years. He's stopping in town before he heads home.

Have a birthday coming up in early February and some of my kids will be here. After that, I'll go to the ocean with one of them and her hubby and stay there for a little while.

In between times, I'll be down and out. Such is life, but it's better than nothing. Hope you are feeling better than you were a few days ago. You sounded sort of blue for awhile there.

I'm just tired of being tired and having to pay for every little outing I take, even a luncheon in town, with bed rest. Oh well.
  11. MsE

MsE New Member

Once more this board has been reassuring. It is much easier to put up with a nasty symptom when I know I'm not alone. Thanks for writing.