Vision problems

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by dandr93, Apr 26, 2007.

1. dandr93

dandr93 New Member

Has anyone noiticed any problems with their vision? I never had a problem now I need to use a magnifying glass and can no longer read the newspaper. Dry eyes and feels like sand in them. They become strained and feels like a coating is over them. They get cloudy. I am not on any meds so I know that isn't the problem.
  2. momof471

momof471 New Member

exploring vision issues right now. Painful eyes, blurry with floaters and flashes of light. Left eye tends to want to drift to the left. Going for Neurologic Eye exam next week. Began having more noticeable issues about two years ago Optometrist brushed me off. Neurologist wants it checked. I also have leaky eyes and they are swollen in the mornings. I've heard eye issues are a fibro thing, but I'm not sure how far that goes.

God Bless
  3. LittleBluestem

LittleBluestem New Member

Have you seen an optometrist/ ophthalmologist lately? I was recently diagnosed with macular degeneration. I don’t know if it is due to age or an ME/CFS related viral infection.
  4. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

I, too, have had problems with dry eyes and blurry vision. Some of this can be due to FMS and the dry eyes can be a result of aging. My optometrist told me that our eyes naturally get drier with age. There is a prescription eyedrop medication called "Restasis" that can help with dry eyes or maybe check out the eye drops in your local drugstore. I wear contacts so I use the eye drops for contact lens wearers. It helps some.

You might check with your eye doctor to make sure nothing else is going on. With the long number of symptoms associated with FMS, it's easy to always blame every symptom on FMS. But I think it's smart to make sure.

Ellen