Visit to doctor

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Rosetta, Oct 14, 2002.

1. Rosetta

Rosetta New Member

I went to the doctor today and she did an urinanalysis and found protein in my urine. I have been having a lot of low stomach pain, back pain and nausa(In addition to all the FM pain head neck, shoulder ect). She said this is nothing to be concerned about. Does anyone know what this means?
  2. Rosetta

Rosetta New Member

I went to the doctor today and she did an urinanalysis and found protein in my urine. I have been having a lot of low stomach pain, back pain and nausa(In addition to all the FM pain head neck, shoulder ect). She said this is nothing to be concerned about. Does anyone know what this means?
  3. karen2002

karen2002 New Member

Protein is not normally found in the urine in large quantities. There are drugs which can account for this finding too. If she was unconcerned, it is probably due to the fact you didn't have a high level, or she considered some med or meds you were on were causitive. Anyway a small amount can be normal, or an indication of infection. Larger amounts may indicate kidney damage or disease.
    Your symptoms of nausea, back pain, and abdominal pain, are often found in a urinary tract infections. If she did not give you antibiotics to treat an infection, and told you not to be concerned, you should have no worries.

Karen