Vistaril

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Jalaine, Oct 22, 2004.

1. Jalaine

Jalaine New Member

Does it work for pain?
    Does it work for anxiety?
    Also, the fatigue is severe in my case. Any medications that anyone has tried for CFS/FM?
    Any answers to these questions would be greatly appreciated.
    At my ropes end!
  2. pgfnch2

pgfnch2 New Member

since you got no answers and no replies. GOOD LUCK!
  3. rosemarie

rosemarie Member

I am taking vistaril too. It was given to me for nausea. As I was taking MSContin and MSIR { Morphine instant relase} IT has really helped with my headaches too. They would make me ill and sick.

It seems to help me relax, when the pain is really bad and I feel sick to my stomach. Like I said I was prescribed it for nausea, but it also is prescribed for itching. I don't know why but I ich really easy.

I first had it when I got hives and it really helped with that and it did calm me and relax me as well as help the itch go away. AS far as I know it has several use's. Like most medicatations do.

I am only taking it once a day now but I do take it more often if I get nauseaous. Everyonce in a while I get really intence tension heaadaches and the vistaril really helps me feel so much better.

IF you really have questions call your paharmaist and ask him what it is prescribed for , or call your doctor and ask him that same question, you should have been told why he was giving it to you at your apointment too. But I would call the pharmasist and what it is used for?
    Take care,
    Hugs
    Rosemarie
  4. sabs

sabs New Member

Another name is Atarax and I had been prescibed it for itching and to help me sleep.
    I am experiencing fatigue also,so I take meds like that at night only and hope I'm not too groggy the next day.
    My naturopath has a product called SuperFMS that I take and it seems to help me if I take it regularly.
    Hope this helps,take care,
    sabs
  5. Bruin63

Bruin63 Member

I've been on it for 5 years now, with the FMS, came a huge Histamine problem for me, and my Rhuemotoligst put me on it, when she gave the FMS dx.
    It did make me drozy at first, but now I wouldn't be without it.

Hope it helps you as much as it did me,
    ;o]
    sharonk