Visual Field Test Anyone Ever Have One?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by libra55, Apr 14, 2006.

1. libra55

libra55 New Member

I went to have a Visual Field Test the other day cause my doctor thinks I have glaucoma. My eyes are all screwed up from being on prednisone for so long.

This test made me very uncomfortable having to sit with my head still for so long, and all the lights flashing and the beeping and buzzing, I nearly thought I would have a seizure. I just about had a panic attack so they let me rest between eyes.

Later I felt like such a big baby!

Is anyone else bothered by this test?

Michelle
  2. sixtyslady

sixtyslady Member

i had one a few years ago it was alwful will never have another.sometimes I wonder who thinks up all these test that make you so uncomfortable. when a person is sick its very diffcult to take. and usually i feel worse after.
    Sixtyslady
  3. libra55

libra55 New Member

I had FM and Crohn's and I was very anxious person, so they were pretty chill about it. But I still felt stupid.

Michelle
  4. libra55

libra55 New Member

5. libra55

libra55 New Member

to hold my head still so long, and I couldnt concentrate on the orange dot and wanted to just close my eyes and go to sleep. The nurse was kinda nasty she said if you dont start concentrate we will call it a cheat and have to start the test all over.

the room was hot, the door closed, and dark. dr. came in I told him I was having panic attack. He brought in chocolate and marshmallow peeps for me. told the nurse to "Open that door now and see that it stays that way" and there wasn't a "peep" out of her after that! so I got through it.

I hope I have good results and I dont have to go again. once was quite enough.

Happy Easter,
    Michelle