Visual Problems - Do my glasses cause pain?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Sunrise2780, Aug 22, 2005.

1. Sunrise2780

Sunrise2780 New Member

I was asked if my glasses cause the pain being that I mentioned this in my previous posting (Visual problems, the opthamologist! and Paratransit) that I couldn't wear my glasses.

It's definitely *not* my glasses. Their's a TP behind my right ear - mastoid area. I can't even put a pencil behind my ear (for safe keeping LOL)!

My Myofascial started in 1983. For 10 yrs I couldn't wear my glasses. Then out of the "clear blue sky", I was able to for about 7 yrs. Then it started again.

There's a place here in Fla called The Eyeglass Factory & they are *very* inexpensive, yet good styles.

For me wearing glasses is like wearing jewelery, so this place was a dream! I got a few pairs but then it started again. It's been like this for the past 3-4 yrs. I can't even wear my pretty sunglasses :-(

I can't use contact lenses either. I tried that several yrs ago.

First, each time I was given my set, my vision changed! The optomologist got a new set for me, but then sent the other set back. This went on for quite some time. Why didn't she keep both the sets so that if I needed to change the next day or so, she had them. (I had no idea what was going on!)

I finally went to another Opthomologist who "worked" with the 'changing' problems by keeping both sets on-hand. She even let me take both sets on vacation!

I 'think' I finally ended up w/a pair (not 100% sure of this), but eventually, between the dry eyes and my facial sensitivity, the contact lenses were out. :-(

Sunrise
    [This Message was Edited on 08/22/2005]
  2. Sunrise2780

Sunrise2780 New Member

Unfortunately, yes the dry eyes are a part of the FM. But see what your dr gives you.

I use OTC drops when necessary.

Sunrise