Vit. D

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by shelly11, Jul 9, 2008.

1. shelly11

shelly11 New Member

I have fm, so my dr. said i should have my vit. d checked. Nurse called and said it should be between 15-55 but mine is 78.6, so its high. Does this make sense? I thought people with fm usually have low vit. D. What do they do for high?
  2. AndrewB

AndrewB New Member

...this is a good example of where vitmain D is not the culprit for FM. But vit D is very important.

I would suggest a serum amino acid profile test. Protein is life....
  3. JewelRA

JewelRA New Member

It is in the 75 range. But that is after supplementing for a while. I don't know what it was to start out with, because my doc didn't tell me.

Anyway, I notice no difference in my FM/CFS symptoms on or off Vit D.
  4. shelly11

shelly11 New Member

I don't really spend alot of time in the sun, and I don't take any vitamins. I have to wait til friday to talk to my dr. about it. Does anyone know what they do for it?
  5. Banka8

Banka8 New Member

Taking extra vitamin d and or sitting in the sun isn't going to do you a bit of good.

6. AndrewB

AndrewB New Member avoid vit D in diet AND sunlight is BS. How's that for a broad statement. lol
  7. MamaDove

MamaDove New Member

I must agree with Andrew...

I have seen what deficiency can do...I don't like it!!!

You could never convince me otherwise...

Order up some sublingual tabs and let's get some sunshine...

Only me~MamaDove
  8. dinda

dinda New Member

I have to disagree with you about the vitamin D. I can tell a difference since my vitamin d level is up. I have to take it once a week. Having a vitamin d deficiency can be very serious. That sunshine feels great when your body is aching all over. I even go to the tanning bed occasionally just because the heat makes me feel so much better on those bad days.
  9. MamaDove

MamaDove New Member

Hi Shelly,

Could you please help some of us to understand this better. Your result is quite perplexing...
    Could you have the nurse send you the lab results?
    I find that every time my doc and nurse tell me the results and their 'opinion' and then I see them myself, there is quite a difference...I also like to know the lab that is doing the test and research them as well...

I just picked up my labs and my doc had the sec'y file them, meaning all OK, of course they were not...

I am really curious what D test was done...I am surprised of the reference range from 15-55, seems like a small range compared to the ones I have had and others have shared.

This has got me soooooooooooo curious...

Get that lab slip Shelly :)

10. shelly11

shelly11 New Member

the nurse said it was high, and then said 78.6 but 2moro i am calling the dr. to find out. she wasnt in today. can vit d being to high be dangerous? thats what i need to know. but i will write 2moro to let u know what the doc says. thanx for all the replies.
    Take care.
  11. shelly11

shelly11 New Member

my dr. said the #s are right but she's not worried. She said its ok that its that high.
  12. jimbbb

jimbbb New Member

Broad Statement Of the Day:

I'd say that 90% or the things that you take that make you feel better are NOT actually making you any healthier -- they are just masking the symptoms -- often by interfering with the immune system, perhaps causing it to wander off and start fighting, say, gut bacteria introduced by taking probiotocs instead fighting more serious bugs elsewhere in the body.

But yeah, sometimes feeling better is what you need to get thru the day, so more power to ya.
    [This Message was Edited on 07/18/2008]
    [This Message was Edited on 07/18/2008]