vitamin B12 injections

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by viks, Feb 19, 2006.

1. viks

viks New Member

hello, i was wondering if anyone had tried b12 injections for ME/CFS?
  2. Esperanza25

Esperanza25 New Member

Just last week I got an B1, B6 & B12 injection and though I did not get an ellergic reaction, my right cheek became bruised by the injection. The shot I received is called Dolo Neurobion and my ENT doctor gave me the prescription. However, it is not sold in the US so I sent for it from Nicaragua which is where I am from.

So far, I have not been in so much pain. The injection has some kind of analgesic formula and I am not feeling tired or in pain... So, I know I'm not allergic to it, but I did get a huge bruise and it feels like I have a knot on my right cheek that walking became a little painful.

I feel that the injection does work... but nothing comes free of pain.

I'm sorry it didn't work for you.

Esperanza
  3. ladude

ladude New Member

there was recent thread here called "b12 injections, which are the best" that discussed this, here is my input from that thread

I started out with 1,000 mcg of hydrocobalamin and took 1 1/2 cc's a several times a week. Then switched to 10,000mcg of methylcobalamin and cut down to 1/2cc dose. I read this form crosses the blood brain barrier better. (say that 3 times fast)

Not sure which made me feel better. But I did learn you could take too much which is why I may switch to 5,000mcg. If you take it too often or too much you get this terrible feeling for a few hours, I think the scientific term is real yucky. Cheney says on the video you can take up to 25,000 mcg daily - wow - no telling how much anyone needs, you just have to experiment.

I get vials from McGuff pharmacy in the mail, the preservative free type. They are excellent in price, and very knowledgeable and very friendly. They are located in Orange County CA.

The shots in butt have become so routine as to be a non event as opposed to the beginning when I came close to giving up on the whole thing because of just looking at the needle and thinking about what I was going to do.

In a few weeks I'm also going to start shots of folic acid, magnesium sulfate 50% solution and Taurine. This must be a dream..........

Hope this helps
    LAdude
  4. ladude

ladude New Member

so sorry, don't know if it is yeast free.

But, McGuff compounding pharmacy # is 877 444 1133 and should be able to tell you.

I know it is offered preservative freeeeee.

LAdude
  5. spiritsky

spiritsky Member

I take a shot about once a week. 1000mcg. I don't like injections in my rear so I do it with an insulin needle, just under the skin in my abdomen. No negative side effects. I can't say it has helped with CFS but it does help with a recurring numbness and tingling I get in my left foot.
  6. bct

bct Well-Known Member

I give myself 1cc a week. I also use the little insulin needles; you really can't feel them. I used to use the big needles and sometimes they would hurt a bit if I hit a big nerve.

In my opinion they help. My S.O. certainly feels they do, and will remind me if I forget. He is quite adament about it ---- but won't give it to me himself because he is so sqeamish!

Barry