Vitamin B12 shots and CFS

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Sweetmia, Sep 17, 2002.

1. Sweetmia

Sweetmia New Member

Has anyone had success with Vitamin B12 shots? I have CFS and want to try shots--I am so sick of feeling lousy--I will not give into this disease--there has to be something to help us--this is ridiculous. I take all the usual meds--Provigil, Effexor, vitamins--still not feeling good.
    I guess it is better to be angry than depressed--boy, am I angry!!! Mia
  2. Sweetmia

Sweetmia New Member

Has anyone had success with Vitamin B12 shots? I have CFS and want to try shots--I am so sick of feeling lousy--I will not give into this disease--there has to be something to help us--this is ridiculous. I take all the usual meds--Provigil, Effexor, vitamins--still not feeling good.
    I guess it is better to be angry than depressed--boy, am I angry!!! Mia
  3. Bunnylover

Bunnylover New Member

Hi. I have clinical depression along with CFS and many other
    diseases. I would love to have a B-12 shot but Dr. want give it to me because he keeps saying my B-12 level is good.
    My OB gave me these shots once a month when I was pregnant and man did I look forward to those shots. They do help.
    Terri
  4. Sweetmia

Sweetmia New Member

Thank you for responding. I have read that the blood test is not a good indicator of your true vit. B12 needs.
    I see my doctor on the 30th. He said at that time he will talk to me about shots--I will keep you updated on the results.
  5. teach6

teach6 New Member

You are right about blood tests not being an accurate gauge of B-12 levels. I began taking them about a month ago. I'm still building up and have been through a lot of stress due to family issues, so it's not fair to judge from this short time. I do know others who have found them to help and my doc says he has a high percentage of success with B-12 therapy. I will eventually take 10,000 mg, three times a week.

Barbara
  6. lilrascal

lilrascal New Member

I live in Southern California, so I head over the boarder into Mexico where you can buy the B-12 and needles over the counter. I just don't feel like dealing with docs or insurance reimbursement on this issue. Sometimes you dos what you have to dos!

The shots do give me more energy, otherwise I wouldn't go to so much trouble getting them!
  7. saffie02

saffie02 New Member

hi friend ive never taken the shots but subligual tabs takan under the tongue will do wonders. it really helps me with fatigue and you dont need a prescription sherri c
  8. jedinvest

jedinvest New Member

I have been trying the sublingual tablets lately. It doesn't seem that I can take enough to get the equivalent effect of those B12 injections. But the tablets do seem to have a some positive effect. Lilrascal, what doses do you get in Mexico? I typically try to get the 25,000 mcg injectables.
  9. JaciBart

JaciBart Member

I used to get them yrs ago at 26 yo right after my hysterectomy, they really helped, I was getting them from a naturopath Dr, from what I hear they are a lot more willing to do this sort of thing.

Jaci
  10. Sweetmia

Sweetmia New Member

Thank you for all the great replies. Fortunately my doctor will administer B12 shots. The interesting thing is, my doctor is actually a pyschiatrist. He specializes in CFS and FMS and he has been the most helpful of all the doctors that I have seen. Again, my thanks, Mia