Vitamin C flush has anyone done this?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by JoFMS, Jul 5, 2008.

1. JoFMS

JoFMS New Member

Just been reading about the Vitain C flush as I will be starting a chelation protocol soon and just wondered if anyone has done or heard of the C-flush?

Apparently, you take so much powdered vitamin C every 15 mins until you get loose stools and it's supposed to help alsorts of problems and enables you to adjust your daily amounts to suit your needs and can help with healing. It seems many people feel better genealyl after doing this.

Here's a link:

It helps the body re-energise and helps it detox.

It sounds like it might be a good idea for us all.

Any thoughts or if this has helped anyone - please post.

2. marti_zavala

marti_zavala Member

I have used High doses of vitamin c and really felt that it improved my health.

I did 15gram to 20 grams of Vitamin C a day for about 2 years. I had the IV but never felt anything great from it and I couldn't afford it.

I didn't do the flush but rather a dose just under the flush on a daily basis. This was more consistent for me.

Some people do this until they have the loose stools then back up a bit. Then they have found THEIR bowel tolerance.

Good luck,

3. tooks

tooks Member

I did the flush and my doctor said the Perque one was the best to use. He also wanted me to go past the loose stools to pure liquid. He was a big fan of this protocol and felt it helped with lots of things, but that the type of C you used was critical.

Good luck!

4. Slayadragon

Slayadragon New Member

I've been doing 30-40 g of oral Vitamin C for about nine months. Prior to that, I did maybe 10 g for years.

That's been bowel tolerance for me. I seem to have been using it all, since my urine was never anything but perfectly clear. (I only could get it to darken if I took 3 B complex capsules at once. If Vitamin C is being excreted from the bloodstream, the urine will be lemon yellow.)

I've found the Vitamin C IV's to be categorically different though.

A 25 cc (12.5 g) IV decreases my mold sensitivity dramatically and brings me up to near full functioning (rather than lying on the couch staring at the ceiling for most of the day).

A 50 cc (25 g) kills some kind of bugs. It feels exactly the same as the few times I've taken minocin or doxy, and so I think it must be lyme and/or chlamydia pneumoniae.

I believe that richvank said something to the effect that Vitamin C is not recycled properly in people with CFS, though I'd have to go back to look at his posts.

I don't know how much the Vitamin C has helped me. However, I was under a lot of mold exposure during 2007, and it's possible that I would have gotten even sicker than I did without the oral Vitamin C as protection.