vitamin d 50000 iu?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by charlenef, Jul 1, 2008.

1. charlenef

charlenef New Member

my dr gave me a script for 50,000 iu of vit d is that a lot or is it just me? what is optimal d levels? thanks charlene
  2. msSusan

msSusan Member

50k is regular prescrpt. dose (of D2?) I was told to do either 50k prscrp. or 4,000mg of D3 supplements since my level was at 9. VERY LOW since optimal is above 40 I believe.

I cannot tolerate high doses of supps. so I've been getting unprotected early a.m. sun and taking 500-1,000mg of good quality D3. Large doses seem to make me very achy/inflammed. I will retest levels in 6 months.
    [This Message was Edited on 07/02/2008]
  3. charlenef

charlenef New Member

i am afraid it is going to bother my stomach it is very touchy ill have to see thanks
  4. mezombie

mezombie Member

After my doc tested my Vitamin D levels and found mine were very low, he prescribed 50,000 i.u. a week. I took one capsule per week for eight weeks, and am about to get retested. Then I will take 1000 to 2000 i.u. capsules per day.

I didn't have any stomach problems, and took it with my breakfast. It definitely did something! I had more energy. There were times I had that agitated exhaustion feeling many of us get.

So now it's a matter of finding the right daily dose for me.

5. charlenef

charlenef New Member

ill have to see how it goes im just really sensitive to vit in general thanks charlene