Vitamin D confusion

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Aberlaine, Nov 29, 2008.

1. Aberlaine

Aberlaine Member

I read recently that if we take too much vitamin D, it will cause our "innate" immune system to stop working. All of this is explained in the Marshall Protocol. and

If the Marshall Protocol is correct, the more vitamin D we take, the more we turn off our innate immune system, which is responsible for destroying pathogens which cause some chronic diseases (chronic inflammatory and autoimmune diseases including (but not limited to) sarcoidosis, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, fibromyalgia, Crohn’s Disease, and rheumatoid arthritis).

The Bacteriality website I linked to above is written in medical terms and not very easy to understand. But if you can get through the terminology, its conclusion is that we should be taking less Vitamin D, not more. The Marshall Protocol website is more of a question/answer forum, but still pretty technical.

Any comments? ~Nancy
  2. Sheila1366

Sheila1366 New Member

I was watching Oprah the other day. They were talking about people that lived to be a 100 or more. Dr. Oz said that we all need vitamin D and can get the daily recommended dose by being in the sun for 15 minutes everyday. I am gonna call my reheum. Monday and find out what the recommended amount of vitamin D I should have. She already wants me to take magnisum and zinc. I take vitamin B12 also. It is hopeful to hear that vitamin D can be helpful with fibro.