Vitamin D deficency in Fibro Sufferer?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tinaeve, Oct 22, 2008.

1. tinaeve

tinaeve New Member

My friend asked her Dr. to check her for Fibromyalgia. She was told that studies have shown that those with Fibro have a vitamin D deficency.He prescribed Vit. D and Calcium nd told her to try these for "awhile" before he tested her. I have not heard this mentioned before. Has anyone else?
    Thanks, tinaeve
  2. celeste1226

celeste1226 New Member

Yes I was told by my rheumy that vitamin D deficency is a characteristic of Fibro. I am taking vit d supplements.

Celeste
  3. 3gs

3gs New Member

MY VIT D LEVEL WAS 9!

THERE ARE ALOT OF POSTS HERE ON VIT D. MOST EVERYONE IS LOW AND TAKING IT.

ALSO REPORT CAME OUT LAST WEEK THAT KIDS ARE NOT GETTING ENOUGH VIT D AND IT SHOULD BE UPPED ACROSS THE BOARD!
  4. rie611

rie611 New Member

Hi, I'm new to this site. I also have Fibromyalgia, but the Dr. didn't checked me for anything except for trigger pain points. My family Dr. took blood and found out that I have a Vit. D. deficency. She put me on 1-pill a week for a period of 12-weeks. I don't know if it is connected, but I would have it checked out. Right now I'm looking for someone with information and support to deal with this. Right now I'm not doing to good, and I am going to look into Mount Sanir Hospital since I heard that they work with patients that have Fibro. If there is anything you can help me with about this condition, I would appreciate it. Thanks, Rie 611
  5. tinaeve

tinaeve New Member

Thanks for all your answers to my question. Go to Dr. next week and will ask for bloodwork to test for the vitamin d levels. i don't have a chance to get on this board oftewn but when i do It is always a big help. Thank all of the members for being so kind. tinaeve