vitamin D does everyone take it and does it help?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by hensue, Sep 5, 2008.

1. hensue

hensue New Member

Has everyone been tested for vitamin D? i take supplements not vitamin d. If your tested and your low do you get a script for vit d? Has this helped anyone?
  2. sunflowerxo

sunflowerxo New Member

Hi, I did recently have my vitamin D checked by my naturopath and my level came back at 31 (which 30 or below is low or deficient) so she caught this in time. She has given me Liquid D3 drops for 8 week treatment and said that it should be tested again as some people hold the appropriate level and some don't and need further treatment. It has helped my pain some and especially in my facet joints in my spine which are arthritic. I would encourage anyone to have their levels checked as taking too much vitamin D if not needed is extremely harmful.
  3. CanBrit

CanBrit Member

I take a Vitamin D supplement everyday. I was tested low plus we live in a more Northern climate, so it's extremely important for us to supplement.

Can't say I notice anything but I'm hoping it does all the good things its purported to do.

4. kitteejo

kitteejo Member

I had my Vitamin D checked last month, I was at a 30. But Wednesday I had a bond density test and Osteoporosis has hit my back and hip. So doctor put me on OTC Vitamin D, 3000mg. Vitamin D is suppose to help your energy so maybe this does will make a differnce.

I take about 8 different vitamins a day and they do nothing for me as far as pain or fatigue relief. Sometimes I just stop taking them, when I'm in a downer mood, but I do try to take them daily. Hopefully there doing some good. They can upset my stomach though.

5. 3gs

3gs New Member

my doctor did tests I was like a 12.

She told me to take vit d it helps with muscle aches and depression. I have seen a big difference and can tell if I forget to take it.

She gave a script for it and it was expensive. Off the shelf so too speak so ssame thing and way cheaper!