Vitamin D helped my pain

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by carebelle, Aug 21, 2008.

1. carebelle

carebelle New Member

My endro gave me mega amounts of vitamin D and its helped my pain.I was tested and was very low so they gave me a perscription. ONLY take what your Doctor perscribes because it can be toxic. I hope this helps some of you.
  2. znewby

znewby Member

Very good. Now, how long did it take before you noticed any difference? How much did your doctor prescribe? Thanks.
  3. charlenef

charlenef New Member

but i am afraid of my stomach it is so sensitive that even a little oil will bother me for days or weeks but i do plan on starting this weekend
  4. carebelle

carebelle New Member

50 thousand units once a day for12 days and then twice a week. It help my pain about the first week I took it.I plan to stay on it but over the counter doses
  5. carebelle

carebelle New Member

my endo doc put me on the 50thousand for a fast boast to get started but i will end up on a much lower dose after I get normal read outs.I beleave after a year and a half Ive felt somewhat better because of the combination of drugs I've been on.not just one thing.I'm still very tired but not as bad as with my CFS .I think its in remission.
  6. rosemarie

rosemarie Member

I too am on vitiman D as mine is really low. I am to take 50,000 units once a week for the next 12 weeks and then be re tested for it.
    I asked about taking the dose daily thinking it would get in to my system faster. But Doctor and pharmicist said that you take it slowly and it will build up slowly and stay in system.

I was told that it is better to take vitiman D slowly. And I can sit in the sun for 10 minutes daily and I will get all the vitiman D I need. {Depending on where I live} And after the 10 minutes put on sunscreen. I checked this out on a web site . I googled about Vitiamn D and how itis made. The article I read said that you can't over dose on Vitiman D as it is fat soluble, soif your sitting out side don't worry that you will over dose and when your getting it the natural way you can't over dose. If your taking pills to increse your vitiman D levels check iwht your pharmisist to see that your taking the correct amount so that you don't over dose on it.
    Thanks for the info
    [This Message was Edited on 08/22/2008]