Vitamin D question?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Dainty45, Jul 17, 2008.

1. Dainty45

Dainty45 New Member

Hi, I recently went to the doctor, had to have a blood test done, because of fatigue. I found out my vitamin D was low, so the doctor gave me a prescription for Vitamin D 5000 IU. Does anyone else take this vitamin? It is only for a month, I have to take this amount.

I also have a hemmorhoid, which is being stubborn! Does anyone have secret remedies for this problem? I can't do the Preparation H, it burns!

I did receive a script for 5000 IU, I had it filled, insurance would not cover it. But, my vitamin D has been very low for awhile. I have Fibro. so I need to keep up on it. I can't tolerate to much sun, I have light skin. Thanks for the input, on both subjects.

[This Message was Edited on 07/17/2008]
  2. charlenef

charlenef New Member

5000 or 50,000 my dr wants me taking 50,000 2x a week of vit d i didnt start yet i cant help with the other problem sorry

FOYBOYFOY New Member

i read just the other day we dont get enough sun therefor our vitamin D is suffering(we with autoimmune are told to stay out of the sun) thats what i read..........chow
  4. JaneSmith

JaneSmith New Member

I use aloe vera ointment from CVS. It helps.
  5. marti_zavala

marti_zavala Member

Can you try aloe vera gel or Vit e or any oil first to coat the inside then try Prep H?

I haven't had these in ages but I recently got a reactivation of thick blood (due to a plane trip) and was having some cardio problems. Lo and behold, they came back.

Well, I had to start taking butchers broom to thin my blood and it sure took care of the other problem.

I am not 100% sure if they are related but it sure has been a coincidence. I bought my butchers broom online for very little dough - it also helps with the short of breath feeling. Again, I am not sure they are connected but it may be worth $3 for a bottle of butchers broom.

Definitely stay regular as suggested - no straining.

Good luck,
  6. dinda

dinda New Member

I take on 10,000 iu, 0.25mg capsule once a week. My vitamin D levels are probably high because I've been going to the pool everyday for the last week. Going to the beach tomorrow.
  7. dinda

dinda New Member

The dosage I posted is what is on my prescription. I don't know how much vitamin d I'm getting from being in the sun. Probably not that much since I use sunscreen. Hope this makes some sense I've been in a fog for the last three days and a lot of pain until I took some advil. Advil is gone and now I can't sleep.