Vitamin D3, Magnesium, Tumeric

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by gb66, Jun 19, 2014.

1. gb66

gb66 Well-Known Member

I have a very low Vitamin D3 level and I'm looking for a vitamin that also includes magnesium. I've read that the mageisium can reduce side effects from the vitamin d3. I found one that also includes tumeric. I don't know anything about tumeric. It's 150 mg. I would like to know if anyone here has used it and if it's a good addition to the vitamins I want to try. I have lots of side effects, even from some vitamins. Thanks. GB66
  2. IanH

IanH Active Member

gb66: What are the side effects of vitamin D3 that you refer to?

It is generally thought that there are three additional supplements required to appropriately utilize vitamin D3.
    Magnesium (100mg per 1000iu vitamin D)
    vitamin K2 (which is a name for a group of vitamin K2s and usually mixed with vitamin K1), a small dose of several 100 mcg.
    zinc, typically 25 mg daily. The picolinate is a common form.

I addition, depending on diet calcium up to 500mg can be added.
  3. gb66

gb66 Well-Known Member

Ian, I've experienced a loud ringing in my ears when taking the D-3. I already have tinnitus but this is different. It's a high pitched ringing that is painful, and a pressure in my head that hurts.

I did find some info on this and read that I should add the magnesium to help relieve it.

The vitamin supplement I'm looking into has d-3, magnesium, and tumeric. Should I look for one with more? GB66
  4. gb66

gb66 Well-Known Member

Jam, What are the amounts that you take of these 3, if you don't mind sharing the info? This is all new to me. GB66