Vitamin question

Discussion in 'Alternative Therapies' started by Misfit101, May 7, 2010.

1. Misfit101

Misfit101 New Member

I wasnt sure where to post this...didnt want to get clobbered for posting OT. I recently started taking supplements. VERY recently. Ive been taking a calcium supp with vit D because I started hormone replacement therapy. Question is...can I take the vit D3 with this particular vitamin? I dont want to get too much D. Thanks!
  2. Misfit101

Misfit101 New Member

The calcium I take has 800 IUs of vit D. The D3 I got has 1000IUs. And I do go out in the sun. Not very long on most days but when we have ballgames its HOURS. We do eventually put the canopy up when it gets hot and the sun's beating down hard...but I still get pretty good sun on those days. Guess I need to find out what vit D toxicity looks like. Thanks...Im new to this supplement business.
  3. Misfit101

Misfit101 New Member

Once my son is better I plan on asking my doc if she will test my levels. Id like to know. I dont know if this is my imagination or not but Ive noticed a decrease in appetite. Usually when theres an emergency, Ill comfort myself with food. Not this time. I guess it could be from something else but if its from the D that would be great. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . I was born and raised in San Antonio Tx and we went to the Gulf coast every summer. And I was a sun worshipper too. Had 1 basal cell and several actinic keratosis because of it. Think I have another AK now. Can kill 2 birds with 1 stone when I see my doc. Thanks Jam. I knew you were the lady to ask about supplements.
  4. hokiesrule

hokiesrule New Member

I've found a lot of good information about Vitamin D from the website: naturalnews.com You might have to register to get it, but on the site they have a free e-book about Sunlight, which looks pretty good, I haven't downloaded it yet.