vocal cord paralyzed

Discussion in 'General Health & Wellness' started by laureef, Mar 27, 2004.

1. laureef

laureef New Member

Hello All,
    I am very scared about my vocal cord being paralyzed already? (Before surgery) (Median position? not fully open) I still have a very strong voice. I have my right vocal cord paralyzed and need to be fused Skull to C-5, I need to have a dorsal decompression at the foramen magnum and C1 and occipitocervical fusion, What does this all mean??? and my doctor wants to operate from behind not transoral, but not do a trachea unless nessary , is it not to late by then if he runs into trouble??? I am ready for surgery just still confused about the vocal cord, If I need to have a trachea before they put the tube down me again...(I think this is how it was paralyzed in the first place.......Thank you so much, God's blessings to you all .............Gina
  2. joyfully

joyfully New Member

Gina,
    I want you to go to the FM message board and look for a posting called "FibroMyalgia of the throat". It was written by hope2001.

I did some reading on this and discovered that if it is crico arytenoid caused by Fibromyalgia, the cure is different than if it is crico arytenoid arthritis. I think the second one required surgery.