vocational expert

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by paige51, Jan 16, 2006.

1. paige51

paige51 New Member

what is the purpose of the vocational expert at the alj hearings? he speak in terms you cannot understand. what is the purpose of the ratings that he gives out.

he never asked any questions.

this stress is too much.

paige51
  2. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

to tell the judge that you can do a job of any kind related to what you have done in your past....

at my hearing in 7/04 that voacational expert said i could do cashering, well my feet a messed up and not to mention back carpa tunnel , rad my bio...

anyways attorney said not way can she do that , the docotor said no way can she do that,,so he suggested some job i never done or heard of before...basiscalling calling for collections i think that is waht he said...

so he is there to say there are jobs you can do based on your experience and education...

jodie
  3. paige51

paige51 New Member

He never told the judge i could do my prior job or the type of work I was able to do. It was very hard to read into anything that he said.

I guess i will have to just wait and see which is not easy.

thanks,
    paige51
  4. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

i recall judge was asking how much time i would miss because of doctor appts..and illinesses....and i think he said like 2 a days a week and then judge said they would let me go...

vocational expert didn't ask questions he just came w/portfolio and ideas of jobs and then they got crossed examined by thier doctor(ssa's), he was on a speaker phone talking and listening in on the hearing...saying no she could not do that job because of that problem...

it is normal for them to be there don't worry about it...

jodie
  5. jvrealty

jvrealty New Member

Hi Paige 51
    I just had my hearing on 1/11/06 and the judge swore me in and didn't ask me any questions, neither did my attorney or the vocational expert. The judge and the expert went back in forth and the expert told the judge that i am severely limited in my upper body, thus, i can not return to my past work as a claims adjuster........i am expecting a favorable written decision.

hope this helps
    jv
  6. paige51

paige51 New Member

JV

The only question the judge asked me was, who did I live with and that he wished me well. what can you make of that? I am totally clueless.

paige51
  7. jvrealty

jvrealty New Member

Hello again:
    I am sending up a prayer for you right now, that you be at peace, within yourself. Lord Jesus, bless Paige51 right now, may your peace bring her comfort and lessen her anxiety of what her decision will be. I pray that you send your ministering angels her way, to minister joy & peace to her, now that the hearing is over. I pray that she learns to take one moment at a time and not allow the devil to fill her head with negative thoughts. Bless Lord, as you are well able, in the mighty name of Jesus, the name which is above everything, in heaven & earth.

Paige, if the Judge did not question you or your attorney too much, I would hope that this is a good sign. But one never really knows until that letter comes. Hold on and let patience and the peace of God rest in your heart, in Jesus name.
    Hope you are strengthen by reading my prayer for you. read it out loud and mediate on it. It will bring you comfort.

JV
  8. paige51

paige51 New Member

Thanks for the prayer. I understand now. What will be, will be.

Paige51