Vocational Rehabilitation

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by elizajane40, Jan 30, 2007.

1. elizajane40

elizajane40 New Member

Has anyone had vocational rehabilitation ? If so, can you tell me what they do and if it helped you? I am looking to change my line of work due to fibro.....

Thanks,
    Eliza
  2. ashleymarie

ashleymarie New Member

I took advantage of voc. rehab. in Richmond, KY in order to get financial aid for college. I only get $250 a semester for books because apparently fibro isn't dibilitating enough and my parents make a "bit too much money." But anyway, as far as jobs go I think that they really are pretty helpful (here in Richmond at least) but you have to be willing to jump through plenty of hoops to get things accomplished. It's definitely worth the effort but you need to be patient. The way the program is run here, you call to request a counselor, they mail you an application, and then after as many as 4-5 weeks they send you a letter telling you when your appointment is which is usually a month later. It's by no means a quick process, but it is worth looking into. Hopefully your voc. rehab. is a little more organized and schedules people in a more timely fashion! Good Luck!