voice lie detectors

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by therealmadscientist, Oct 17, 2007.

1. therealmadscientist

therealmadscientist New Member

Looked around on internet and several voice lie detectors for under $100.
    They're advertised as fun at parties, and one, for $27,
    gives an electric shock to the person when he/she lies.

Korea is trying phone system where all calls are analysized. And a service in USA can be used for phone calls. Software for computer also available.

I didn't find any "critiques" so wouldn't know which to get. Guess I'd better get one before the next National elections, anyway.
    Cheers, mr Bill
  2. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

i think need one or all the above for the exbf...and future dates.

jodie
  3. victoria

victoria New Member

hook up all the presidential candidates when they give their speeches!!!!! At least once it's proven they work, that is!
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

None of the candidates would pass!

Love, Mikie
  5. sisland

sisland New Member

Hi-tech Device that i wouldn't know how to operate! Mr.Bill are you really going to get one of these? They do sound interesting! Wonder how they work?
  6. therealmadscientist

I don't know if I've been lied to more than the average person....that's why I need a d**m detector!

I'm actually very interested in using the device on myself. Somehow I've never quite trusted the answers that I give to myself. Tired of outsmarting myself.

probably confused, and seeking truth, your Mr Bill

And I will eventually get one, maybe for Christmas, and then donate to local bar after I've interrogated myself.

Hmmm, I'm supposed to talk in my sleep, maybe I'll get a voice recorder also.

[This Message was Edited on 10/18/2007]
    [This Message was Edited on 10/18/2007]
  7. sisland

sisland New Member

it's a device to prove to yourself that your lieing to yourself?? Lolol,,,,,Ha!
  8. victoria

victoria New Member

How many times have we deluded ourselves, really?!?

The only problem is, we really believe it's the truth we're telling ourselves... so don't think it'd work...

can't wait to hear the results of your experiments mr Bill!

Victoria
  9. therealmadscientist

Didn't some European philosphers and Freud work on these problems? Maybe we can find out what's really going on. It may be a while, but I'll report any developments... unless I'm lying! help!:)

Cheers, Your Mr Bill

[This Message was Edited on 10/19/2007]
  10. BILLCAMO

BILLCAMO New Member

Oh....OUCH.....no...OUCH.... Mr.....OUCH.....Bill...OUCH < OUCH < OUCH >>>>>>>>>>> OUCHIEEEEEE ........LOL

I do have to agree with Mikie.....That politicians would be the best test subjects.....although you'd either have a much higher electric bill or have to buy a lot of batteries !!!!!!!!!!

Blessings ,

b/c
    [This Message was Edited on 10/22/2007]
  11. therealmadscientist

I had thought of getting two devices for having an equal conversation with someone, but I can see now that the conversation would be way too "abbreviated" :) LOL
    [This Message was Edited on 10/22/2007]
  12. victoria

victoria New Member

I've seen those "speed-dating" set-ups where everyone has 5 minutes to talk to each person, etc...

Well, here's an extra twist -- using your conclusion that it'd be an abbreviated conversation anyway hehe -- hook them all up to lie detectors, LOL...

Now THAT would make an interesting show!?!?!?!?!

or boring maybe... everyone would be afraid to say much beyond Hi, my name's ____!

13. victoria

victoria New Member

you didn't think that was a good business idea????
  14. therealmadscientist

Perhaps do two rounds. The first without anyone knowing that they are being analysed, and a second round to review results with temporary partner.

I don't know, though. Two dozen people hooked up at the same time seems very risky. I think I would want some security people, like on that TV show,.....I forget name.

I think, for awhile, I'll just use the device in the privacy of my own home.

Cheers, Your mr Bill
  15. victoria

victoria New Member

you keep saying we're all doomed lately...

if we are, maybe nobody can afford the time to devote to 2 whole interviews? And, if we ARE all doomed, it won't matter if anyone's lying anyway...

so-- "eat corn syrup sweetened everything, drink lots of aspartame, and be merry eith any/everybody"? Doesn't make as good a saying as "eat, drink and be merry"... oh well.

Dang, another good business idea bites the dust!