Volunteers needed for Ampligen study - Charlotte, NC FREE

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by teach6, Oct 7, 2002.

1. teach6

teach6 New Member

I just received this notice from my local support group. I wish I were living with my daughter for this one!

Volunteers Needed For Ampligen Study.

The Hunter-Hopkins Center in Charlotte, North Carolina, is seeking persons
    with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome to participate in an FDA-approved study of the
    drug Ampligen. Ampligen is an anti-viral immune modulating drug that has
    shown promise in the treatment of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. The treatment is
    administered twice weekly for 16 months. This is a crossover study, so all
    subjects will receive the active drug for either 6 or 16 months. There is no
    charge for the treatment, laboratory, or medical follow-up for this study.
    It is recommended that subjects live within a 1-2 hour drive of the Center.
    For more information or to see if you qualify, please contact the
    Hunter-Hopkins Center at (704) 543 9692, or write 10344 Park Road, Suite 300,
    Charlotte, NC 28210.
  2. teach6

teach6 New Member

I just received this notice from my local support group. I wish I were living with my daughter for this one!

Volunteers Needed For Ampligen Study.

The Hunter-Hopkins Center in Charlotte, North Carolina, is seeking persons
    with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome to participate in an FDA-approved study of the
    drug Ampligen. Ampligen is an anti-viral immune modulating drug that has
    shown promise in the treatment of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. The treatment is
    administered twice weekly for 16 months. This is a crossover study, so all
    subjects will receive the active drug for either 6 or 16 months. There is no
    charge for the treatment, laboratory, or medical follow-up for this study.
    It is recommended that subjects live within a 1-2 hour drive of the Center.
    For more information or to see if you qualify, please contact the
    Hunter-Hopkins Center at (704) 543 9692, or write 10344 Park Road, Suite 300,
    Charlotte, NC 28210.
  3. TiredbutWired

TiredbutWired New Member

Dr.Lapp told me to spread the word and I am not doing to well with the information.I want to do it sooooo bad but can not leave my baby {ocelot} for 16 months.Unlike a child I can not just take him anywhere.I do not even care so much about weather it works I just want to be a part of something.I have contacted university of miami to see if they can use me for anything.Love,Tracey
  4. TiredbutWired

TiredbutWired New Member

Bumping this up because several people had asked about ampligen and I want to make sure they see the info.
  5. TiredbutWired

TiredbutWired New Member

I am not on the list but have qualified Dr.Lapp is my doctor.He is wonderful,you will like him if you do not already see him.I am trying to purchase ampligen out of miami but I really want to be a part of the program in NC the only thing stopping me is my animals.But I am praying for a answer and you are right I think it is a win win situation.I think it is something very positive and how amazing to be a part of something that could change peoples lives!It is Dr.Lapps favorite drug.God Bless You and best of luck,Tracey
  6. TiredbutWired

TiredbutWired New Member

Sorry if you guys get tired of seeing this but I want everyone to have the opportunity!Tracey
  7. TiredbutWired

TiredbutWired New Member

I am so sorry that you got someone rude.They have always been so nice when I am there or have called and I have had to call them several times.If there is anything I can do to help,I know you will love Dr.Lapp.He can not wait to do this study and it is the last one.If you would like to use my name and email him or put it on the guest book.Tell them Tracey Ellsworth referred you!Let me know what I can do,you sound like you would qualify.I could call for you if you would like.Tracey