VSL#3 not produced anymore; good probiotic anyone?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by SpiroSpero, Nov 19, 2009.

1. SpiroSpero

SpiroSpero New Member

VSL#3 is a probiotic which contained 450 billions of bacteria, so by far more than any other probiotic. Prof De Meirleir prescribed it, some people in this forum as well as me, used it. I was very satisfied with this product and now the shock: The production was stopped forever.

I dont know why but my pharmacist called them after he had some problems ordering it with his system from a main supplier and the company told him that they were sorry but it won't be produced anymore.

Does anyone have a good alternative?

EDIT: It seems that it was discontinued in some european countries only.[This Message was Edited on 11/20/2009]
  2. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

I take Ultimate Flora Critical Care 50 billion cultures per capsule from Renew Life. I order them through the Vitamin Shoppe.

3. jenbooks13

jenbooks13 New Member

Call the company--they're not shutting down production. Maybe the pharmacist lied to you.
  4. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

My doctor recommended this one, has 20 billion bacteria, I know, a lot less than VSL #3, but it does not need to be refrigerated. I haven't taken it long enough to recommend it, but is supposed to be very good.

I did google VSL 3 and it's available on-line.

5. SpiroSpero

SpiroSpero New Member

You are right, I just checked the availability online too and it seems fine. I really dont know why the pharmacist told me that (maybe it's just Germany).

Thanks for your answers.
    [This Message was Edited on 11/20/2009]