Vulvodynia- found anything that works?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by DMBrox, Jul 30, 2003.

1. DMBrox

DMBrox New Member

Vulvar Vestibulitis, to be exact. I have been on desipramine for months and it helped at first but now the pain is back. My doc upped the dosage but I don't think its working. Has anyone found anything that works? I am desperate! Thanks.
    [This Message was Edited on 07/30/2003]
  2. DMBrox

DMBrox New Member

Just bumping...
  3. klutzo

klutzo New Member

I also have VV. I've had Fibro for 17 + yrs. and VV for 15 yrs. now.
    Have you had a deep tissue scraping of your vulva to find out what organism is causing it?
    I had this done, and within 5 minutes had the answer that I have mutated yeasts living deep in my vulvar tissue.
    Diflucan fixed it for about two days, then I guess they mutated again, because it stopped working.
    There are differing treatments depending on the cause.
    I also tried a low oxalate diet for two years but it did not help at all.
    I am also interested in anything that may work, since we finally had to give up having relations about 5 yrs. ago, due to this problem. Thank goodness we are not in our 20's or 30's or it might have wrecked our marriage.
    With great empathy,
    Klutzo
    [This Message was Edited on 07/30/2003]
  4. Lynda B.

Lynda B. New Member

I have e-mailed with two or three people and have shared info that I have collected for several years. I am much more comfortable doing this through the e-mail as are the other women that contacted me. We just feel more comfortable than doing this on this site.

You are welcome to contact me at dlscout12@aol.com

Please say that you are "from the FMS message board". I delete all mail from anyone whose email address that I do not know. So is I see that you are from here than I will open it. We have a small group of us helping each other and sharing if we learn anything new about this topic which is severely under-researched.

Hope to hear from you.

Lynda B.