Vulvodynia or kidney flush herxing?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jadibeler, Jul 25, 2006.

1. jadibeler

jadibeler New Member

Since no one answered my earlier post on kidney flushing, I'll try this heading. At the time of my other post I didn't know my problem was called vulvodynia.

Long story but briefly: with the last heat wave and no AC I was drinking loads of ice water. Couldn't get enough. OK, I know I should have been drinking alot of it all along but I'd gotten away from it.

Suddenly I started getting symptoms of UTI, frequency with just dribbles - but no burning, no strong odor (at first), no dark color. Then the strangest pain started in my genitals, beginning with the clitoris. It progressed to the outer labia. It was not stabbing or burning, as described in all the vulvodynia websites I just finished researching. It is a deep-bruise feeling, a severe ache. When I stopped drinking water it stopped. Now, when I try to drink water, it all starts again. Burning diahrrea was added to the mix.

My doctor hasn't a clue. Urine culture came back "negative". A digital vaginal exam yesterdeay resulted in unexpected pain.

My personal theory is that systemic Candida has been lurking in my kidneys and all that sudden water consumption flushed it out, causing these problems. I went off the low carb diet and Oil of Oregano about a year ago.

I'd like to hear from women who have vulvodynia and women who have done kidney flushes.
  2. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

Her pain was all in the vulva area not ever in the clitoris area. And it was a burning pain, not like you have described. I don't know anything about kidney flushes so I don't have anything to offer you about that. I have candida and have never experienced symptoms like this, but I do drink water on a regular basis. Are you drinking tap water or filtered water? This sounds so strange, I wish I could help you more!!!