vulvodynia?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by shirl517, Jan 15, 2006.

1. shirl517

shirl517 New Member

Yeast or volvodynia, how do I tell the difference?
  2. GBHope

GBHope New Member

I have had problems with that since 1996 or 1997. Awful!! Constantly having to treat it.

GBHope
  3. TwinMa

TwinMa New Member

Your OB/Gyn should be able to do a swab and see if it is yeast. They can see the yeastie beasties under the microscope. If it is yeast, Diflucan is a good Rx treatment.

Generally a yeast infection will have a small discharge and vulvodynia does not.

I've had vulvodynia for years and been through many, many treatments. No magic bullets, though.

Katy
  4. Sbilek

Sbilek New Member

Having had both, in my unprofessional opinion, yeast problems, you usually have a discharge, maybe some burning, but not always, and sometimes actually a yeasty smell.

Volvodynia is much more painful, usually you cannot even wash with any type of soap, and having sex is really excruciating, almost unbearable.

For anyone suffering with the problem, I have used the Ambrotose product from Mannatech, that keeps my yeast problem under control.

The volvodynia, the Ambrotose would help slightly; I just recently started with a new Naturopathic doc, she gave me this kidney-n-bladder herb combination, it has tree peony root, horsetail, ashwagandha root, valerian root, boneset, mimosa bark, epazote herb, hyssop herb, meliot herb, and blackberry leaf. It has helped the volvodynia immensely. I can wash again with soap, no burning at all. I don't know if it is totally gone, will know more when I'm not taking the kidney-n-bladder combo anymore.

Sbilek