Vulvodynia

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by amurtagh, Aug 15, 2003.

1. amurtagh

amurtagh New Member

Do any females on this message board suffer from vulvodynia?
  2. klutzo

klutzo New Member

This is a common concommittant conditon with Fibro. If you go up to the top of the page where it says "message search" and type in vulvodynia or vulvar vestibulitis, you should get the previous posts on this subject.
    It helps to know if something specific is causing your problem. A deep tissue scraping will sometimes uncover an infection that has gotten out of hand due to the poor immunty we have. In my case, it was mutated yeasts.
    Sometimes it is just the result of our increased pain perception. Some people use a prescription Xylocaine cream for this.
    Some doctors claim good results with Interferon treatments, which are $$$$ expensive.
    Whatever you do, please avoid the surgical option. I have heard some real horror stories about it, and the problem will just come back again when the area re-grows.
    My problem has not resolved despite all the things I have tried.
    I hope someone else who has had success will come along and help you.
    Hugs,
    Klutzo

[This Message was Edited on 08/15/2003]
  3. Reg1

Reg1 New Member

Hi Amurtagh, Yes i suffer with this, and believe me sometimes i can barely walk when it attacks. Unforunately, at this time ive found no solution but to take my meds and use a heating pad, usually helps. (((((((((Gentle Hugs)))))))))Regina
    [This Message was Edited on 08/16/2003]
  4. lovetoteach

lovetoteach New Member

I can't believe that I finally found other people like me. I was diagnosed with vulvodynia 8 years ago and have suffered so bad with it over the years. You name it and I've tried it. I was on Elavil for the entire 8 years and I guess it helped but I still had flare ups. I recently went off of it becuase I am trying to get pregnant and boy oh boy did I have problems. I have been soooooooooo sick since then with all wierd symptoms and recently while searching for answers on line I found fibromyalgia and I nearly passed out. I have almost every symptom. I have an appointment with a doctor who specializes in gua treatment on Tuesday. I heard it's pretty safe for pregnancy - even though I'm not pregnant yet (that's a whole other story). It is so comforting to know that I am not alone. I hope to hear from others with vulvo and fibro. Gina