W/C Dr thinks I can be back to full duty in a couple weeks

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by SuzieQ, Apr 8, 2003.

1. SuzieQ

SuzieQ New Member

For those who don't know...have been on light duty since Christmas. I am a nurse in a very large hospital. I have had every test under the sun done, along with 2 epidural steroid injections and consult with surgeon.

Last week, the surgeon told me there was nothing he could do to help me and my back Dr will have to work with me on managing disc pain with meds and therapy. He had also mentioned that he would probably have to have the hospital find me a new position.

So, today I go to the back Dr and he said I will probably be back to regular duty in a couple weeks. Mind you I was still reporting pain of 5/10 at appt, and told him it was about a 7 by end of day. He is going to gradually lift my restrictions. I know longer have any restrictions of how long I stand or walk. I can also lift 20lbs, instead of 10.
    I don't see how this is going to be beneficial when nothing is really better.

I also noted that he wrote down lower back pain for my diagnoses, while surgeon told me I had degenerative disc disease. It seems to me that I will be right back to him with another injury if I went back to regular nursing duty. Am I crazy, or is he? I'm just not getting this.

Susan