Wackiest Things Your doctor said

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by LaDelle, Nov 3, 2006.

1. LaDelle

LaDelle New Member

I've been dealing with FMS/CFS nearly 24 years. As with most of us dealing with FMS one side of the body is weaker or more painful than the other. Well, as most of us dealing with FMS look better than the folks not dealing with health or other concerns. Since most people feel I look about 15 or so years younger than my actual age, docs and others have not always taken me seriously. I have never fit the FMS looks profile.

After an MRI a few years back, I had an appointment with a neurologist to get the results of the MRI. Of course, I was looking great, younger and healthy, got myself nicely dressed and had all hair in place and drove to my appointment. Everything looked fine with the MRI (as tests usually do with us). So, I asked what then was the problem with my left side since the MRI was fine. The doctor told me that the reason my left arm was bothering me was because I was avoiding using it.

Most recently, I poured out all of my complaints to a pain management doctor and trust me when I say the appointment quickly went south doing 90! When I got her report it said that I had my own treatment plan which I was apparently satisfied with.

But hey, that's FMS life as we've come to love it!!!
  2. Kryssie

Kryssie New Member

I had MRI's as well. Altho I do have a bulging disc and floating bone in my neck due to an injury it is frustrating to have all the pain and nothing is really *wrong*.
    What is the FMS looks profile? I thought we all looked normal, hence the infamous "But you dont LOOK sick" :))
  3. kellyann

kellyann New Member

I had a doc tell me he could tell by looking at me that I didn't have thyroid disease. This was at an appointment I'd made because I'd felt swelling in my neck,insisted on being tested. The test came back severely hypothyroid and I have hashimoto's disease. But I knew this, because it runs in my family so bad. When I felt my neck so swollen in the thyroid area, I knew what it was. Then the doctor telling me that he could tell by looking at me that I didn't have thyroid disease. That was so stupid. I guess because I was neither real big or real skinny, I didn't fit his idea of a thyroid patient, jeez!

Take care!
    Kellyann