Waiting on social security, any other temporary funds available

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jaymelynn, Feb 7, 2006.

1. jaymelynn

jaymelynn New Member

i'm currently waiting for a hearing for social security, is there any other temporary assistance while we wait. i have used state disability and that has ran out. any help would be appreciated.
  2. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

so anyways, it is going to be a while for a hering and approval and the check...

you need to call your local charities...hav eou filed for welfare or tanf...file for unemployment....you are goign to need to get extremely resourceful now...

jodie
  3. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

tell them you have filed for ssi/and orssdi...the have a social security advocate...tell them you want a congressional inquiry...they can not, not, make a decision in your favor,

but they can expediate the decision...you will need to fill out a form from their office so they can inquiry about your case....it will help you file to move off the desks from the bottome of the pile....

and once you do get an approval they can give you an emergency check on the spot in your local ssa office...up to$999.00
    i had that done myself so i know it can be done...

you can go to work if you need to as well, even if it is a temporary job..if ou can try to keep it under the sga amount a month...and as my attorney said it works in my favor that i tried it and i just couldn't do the work for what ever your reasons were...and i did draw my unemployment after my sdi ran out while i was waiting for a hearing...they do not care about the unemployment...they care about worker's comp...and disability check payments to offset things...

i understand that if can be very difficult to go to work any amount of time...but i had to do it for a means to an end....i have a child and i was not getting child support payments and i had sold everything i could..my precious 96 mach 1 mustang...ticked about that...anyways used up savings...i was smart and kept some out of the bank in a safe place...because ou are only allowed acertain amount of liquid assets in the bank etc...you have to be smarter than them....

call salvation army, churches, i think in some areas of the country you can dial 511...look it up on your local county for help on the internet...

you don't have your bio done...so i don't know if you have children....and i don't know if you are not even to do a job because of being a quadrapalegic...so i don't know what to say except try any type of temp agencies for extra income...

good luck

jodie