waiting on ssdi decision

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by paige51, Feb 25, 2007.

1. paige51

paige51 New Member

Had physical exam requested by ssdi on january 25th. Still no answer on decision or when hearing date will be. Does anyone know how long it normally takes for them to assign a hearing date after the exam is completed.

I do not know how truthful those doctors are, but he did detect weakness and recurring systems in certain areas of my body. Over all, he seemed to be a very good doctor. to bad he has to rely on ssdi payments for paart of his income.

I think he could really make a difference in my over all
    health.

paige51

2. llama

llama New Member

Hi paige51,

I'm curious as to what point you are at in the process?

Seems like the normal course is initial application, followed by maybe an exam or two that SSDI schedules. A waiting period and then you receive a denial.

You continue on to the reconsideration phase (should have an attorney by this point)...wait a period of time and get a second denial.

Depending on what area of the country that you're in (your lawyer can usually give you the approximate wait period) you'll then receive a date for your hearing before the ALJ.

Maybe I'm not telling you anything that you don't all ready know? Every case is different, but it seems like this scenario is very common.

I'm also seeking disability. I was scheduled by SSDI to have just a regular physical exam and to also have psychological testing (these occurred before the first denial which was in 2/06). Received a second denial in 7/06. My attorney estimates that I should hear something in 12-14 months..mid to late summer '07.

I don't know how much help I've been?? Let me know more specifics and maybe I can be of more help?

Take care...good luck..............Jill..............
  3. paige51

paige51 New Member

llama

my case was remanded back by the appeals council for another hearing. They found error in the judges decision at the first hearing. I have been going through this for almost 4 years.

I was sent to this doctor by ssdi for an exam. I have probably had 5 denials which is about right for the times i have applied and been denied.

HELP

paige51
  4. Crispangel66

Crispangel66 New Member

Please hang in there, do you have a lawyer? It helps if you do, my lawyer had more faith in my case than I did and I won. Altogether from the day I applied it tok 2 1/2 to 3 years. But please hang in there and will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Pam