Waiting patienly for reslts of bone scan

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mariac2000, Nov 26, 2002.

1. mariac2000

mariac2000 New Member

Had it done on Friday and the tech who did it said 2 days for the results,so I called today and nothing. Now I wonder if I'll hear anything before the long weekend. I am cocerned about the results because my paranoia has me believing that the tech saw somethig bad on the scan. It matters little as all results are not good ones. If it's normal then I have firo and have to learn how to accept that. If it shows all over inflamation it means I have rheumatoid arthritis and will have to start my research all over again. I hope it's not progressive. I know there are other results that could come up, but I don't know the implications. Any of you been through something like this? Any advise would be wonderful.

thanks,

Maria
  2. mariac2000

mariac2000 New Member

Had it done on Friday and the tech who did it said 2 days for the results,so I called today and nothing. Now I wonder if I'll hear anything before the long weekend. I am cocerned about the results because my paranoia has me believing that the tech saw somethig bad on the scan. It matters little as all results are not good ones. If it's normal then I have firo and have to learn how to accept that. If it shows all over inflamation it means I have rheumatoid arthritis and will have to start my research all over again. I hope it's not progressive. I know there are other results that could come up, but I don't know the implications. Any of you been through something like this? Any advise would be wonderful.

thanks,

Maria
  3. shell

shell New Member

Maria,

I am pretty new to the board but sometimes I read a post and I am thinking WOW that couldn't possibly be happening the exact same way as it did to me just a few weeks ago!!! I also had a bone scan done as my doctor thought I had Crohn's disease... it would also show other things such as arthritis. After the tech saw my results he started being extra nice to me and telling me good luck on my results. I asked well do you know what the results are - he said yes but I must wait for the doc to share that with me. I could understand that but it seemed as if he had changed from a rude uncaring test taker to an empathetic sickly sweet nice person after he saw the results. He just seemed so suspicious and I was thinking do I have cancer or what? I had to wait 5 days as I had the test on a Friday. The day the results were supposed to come in I couldn't take it anymore. I called my doctor the entire day and they said they did not have the results. I then called the lab and they said they had been faxed the previous day!! The doctor did have the results but they had been over-looked. It was 24 hours of extra torture. The results were normal. It is looking more and more like fibro but after thinking I may have cancer I was partly relieved. All I can say is to track that sucker down. Call the lab and ask WHEN did you have it sent. My lab could tell me the exact time it had been faxed to the doctor. That way you don't have to stress over the Holiday week-end. Let us know how it comes out!!!

Shell